1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

feeling confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by j13, Jul 20, 2015.

1. j13

j13 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have just turned 22. Ever since I was in high school, I had feelings that I was gay. However, I entered into a relationship with a female. Partly, to prove to my mates that I was just like them, and partly to prove to myself that I wasn't gay. I convinced myself that I was straight. But my feelings didn't change. So, foolishly, I told myself I was bisexual. I kept telling myself that and, for years I even believed it (but still did not tell anyone).

Now, four years later, I am still with her. However, I know I am gay. I am ashamed to admit it, but I had acted on these feelings with other men. For so long, I ignored these feelings. But now that I have done it, I'm convinced I have no attraction to women.

I met this fantastic and supportive guy. He has been there for me and done so much for me that I never expected. I am really lucky to have met him. I know it is a generalisation, but it is hard to meet nice gay guys who genuinely want to help or be mates (maybe I am looking in all the wrong places). I value his friendship so much and trust him with anything. I look at his life -so confident and happy. The only difference, he is out and openly gay. I compare our lives and think I could have that.

But I am confused. I am not sure if I have feelings for him, or if I just see him as a friend. I want to come out and be open, but I think I will need his support. If I don't have it or if he cant provide it (not that he is obliged to) will coming out be worth it? I know I want him in my life and I know I want our friendship to continue. I am just a coward for not taking a risk.

This isn't really a question - just me getting my feelings out.