1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by internetperson, Jul 20, 2015.

1. internetperson

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi! So for a long time I've been questioning my sexuality. It's gotten the the point where I'm almost positive I'm gay as I am super attracted to girls, and very very little to guys. But I can't keep these feelings bottled up inside of me for too much longer or I'll explode. But the thing is, I want to come out when I know 100% I'm gay so I can say the words loud and proud.

I don't think it's time to come out and I know I'm not ready but I have no one in real life to talk to and I don't know what to do anymore. It's so frustrating and I need to get out and just tell somebody, anybody. What do you guys think I should do? :help:

2. AJ56

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well when I first started coming out, I came out to those who I thought would be the most accepting. So far, it has worked very well, at least for me. What I would recommend doing is that you try to think of the most accepting people, and if you don't know how they feel about it, just try to get an idea of what they think about LGBT rights.

I remember how nervous I was coming out to my friends, but it really is worth it. It's so relieving when you tell someone about it and I can finally be my true self around them.

I don't know if this has helped or not, but I hope that it has.

I wish you the best of luck! (*hug*)

3. Daydream94

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly, I agree with the poster above.

Coming out is something that is probably one of, if not the most stressful thing that a LGTB person can do in their entire life. Odds are, it's not going to fly with everyone but having the support of people who know, and who support you and love you first, will make every difference in the world. If someone in your life doesn't exactly like it, having support to fall back onto will make it so much easier.

#3 Daydream94, Jul 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  4. MetalRice

If your comfortable with coming out and have someone you can lean on for support, then go for it I say; but it is your decision of course.

5. internetperson

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the responses guys! (*hug*)

6. bookandquill

Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe find someone else you know who is LGBT and tell them? That's what I did.