1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out "after the holidays"

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JT, Dec 19, 2008.

1. JT

JT

I define "Holidays" as after the new year. As in 2009.

I recently started a regiment of anti-depressants and I'm starting to feel better in that I've definately stabilized and evened out. I was just thinking that I really don't want to live in the closet any more. My self-esteem and confidence is at an all time high and I feel as if my support group is the strongest it can be right now.

I'm out to my parents and roughly 15 close friends. So now it's down to schoolmates and family (minus grandparents; eek).

I figure I'd just come out to some not so close friends and not mention anything about keeping it a secret. Then let the laws of high school run their natural course.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Advice?

2. Mickey

First,I'm glad you got help for your depression. So many people suffer needlessly
    when there is all kinds of help out there.
    You'll know when the time is right to tell everyone. It appears you have this under control.
    You're certainly right. Tell one person and it will spread like wildfire!
    I just hope that nobody gives you crap. Not everybody is gonna be positive.
    Anyway,you're doing fine and I hope all goes well for you!

3. EM68

Good luck! I plan to come out after the holidays myself to my family. I will probably give my parents a letter.

4. Starshine16

I will probably wait until after the New Year to come out as well.Still trying to decide which way would be best.By letter or face to face.I am just sick of living in the closet.