1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice on my latest break-up...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Half-Light, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Half-Light

6 months ago on my bday i started going out with a boy, who was 2 yrs younger than me, me being 16 and he 14. It started out great...everything was perfect except that we were 76 miles apart, him being from southern pennsylvania, and I being from central pennsylvania...i've met him several times, and i've been there for him 24/7 whenever he's needed me. and then recently he had gotten depressed and less talkative, which was very strange cuz he always talked and was always happy...and then all of the sudden he was telling me he didnt know what he wanted anymore and that he was breaking up with me. I asked him why and he just told me he didnt know what he wanted anymore. he also told me that i couldn't possibly understand what he was going through. how can i know what he is going through when he won't tell me? so he just ended it there.

Now he wants to be friends with me, but it just hurts too much...i told him i just wanted to break off all ties and just deal with this without him, because it just hurts too much to talk to him now...

I have no clue what to do...I want to be with him, but i can't...he damaged me and i could never go back to something like that, even in friendship...and like i said, i have no clue what to do...

help?

-Ian

2. biisme

If you feel like you can't be friends with this person, then tell them that. If you're not sure, then you could try and see how it goes. However, in teh end, it's all up to you. Do what you want to do. Does being with this person (friend-wise) make you feel better or worse than being completely separated? If the answer is worse, then perhaps it isn't best.