1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There is this guy....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MSully9, Dec 20, 2008.

1. MSully9

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is this guy i reallly really really like....but he barely knows i exist

He has:
    Amazing Looks
    Amazing Style
    Amazing Hair
    NICEST Body EVA

He is 2 grades a head of me and i know he is Bi.
    I barely know him and yet i dream of him everynight
    At school if he passes by me in the hallway i choke because i stop breathing.
    I can't stand how much i have fallen for him.

The most i have gotten outta him is a comment on a pic on my facebook.

I feel extremely guilty too. I only came out to 2 friends so i could get closer to him.
    They are both wicked good friends with him and they know i like him. I most def. trust these people with the secret.

All i need to know is.

What Should I do to get his attention?
    Was coming out to those 2 friends wrong?
    Is it wrong for me to like him when i barely know him?

2. Zachary825

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMFG dude! Your lucky he is bi.. Because I love this guy i sit next to but IDK what he is.. Most likely straight cause he always talks bout girls, but then again he acts gay i think just to laugh. i didnt come out to anyone.
    but anyway on topic,
    maybe be closer to him somehow? like sit next to him or something and try to converse with him. no! coming out is good, and if they tell him then maybe he will like u if he finds u attractive. no it isnt wrong.. i like soo many guys i dont know em lmao.. but idk what else to say im very inexperienced when it comes to crushes as i have so many of them and idk what to do but meh!
    gl lol

3. brasilboy1

Sounds like you have yourself a little crush/infatuation. Don't feel guilty about coming out to your friends. Just don't 'use' them (don't make your friendship with them just about getting to him). That doesn't mean that they can be a bridge for you to get to know this guy. Since they are his friends, what excludes you from their circle with him?

As far as what to do to get his attention, I'll leave that to others. But, no, coming out to your friends wasn't wrong (just don't use them because of it). Having a crush or being infatuated isn't a question of right or wrong, it's what you do with these feelings attraction that lead to right or wrong decisions (again these are matters of your own conscience). We call crushes 'crushes' for a reason — they can crush us emotionally speaking. Don't let your physical attraction to this person sublimate into something that doesn't exist between the two of you.

Remember, no one is truly unapproachable; we often only think they are because of our own low self image.

Love yourself first and GO FOR IT!!!

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>Is it wrong for me to like him when i barely know him?

Not in the slightest.

>>>Was coming out to those 2 friends wrong?

Not unless your coming out was under false pretenses. You didn't pretend you liked THEM, for instance.

>>>What Should I do to get his attention?

Nothing until you can calm down. Because if all you can do is freak out in his presence, you're gonna be a really lousy date. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. James2612

Why not speak to him on face book.... email him saying you could do with some advise and then tell him your gay, and as he is bi maybe he could give you some advise!! That way he knows your gay, he will talk to you and he may even give you some good advise!!!

Some times it is easier to talk to some one over the internet rather than face to face!!

6. mattyrusso

i dont rly have much to say on ur situation (sorry) but where in mass r u from?

7. MSully9

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In the southern area closer to Hartford than Boston.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You got your sh-t on lock,
    You got your sh-t on lock?
    Holla, holla at me
    If you on my block. :slight_smile:

Lex

9. cjtom

cjtom Guest

It was the same with my crush! He's in my year at college and he's really pretty (he looks like Mitch Hewer!!!).

He has one of my art teachers so when i went to see her in the room I would like stare at him and then he started looking back and we would look eachother in the eyes for a really long time! Then he smiled at me and i knew i had to talk to him! So i got some german gingerbread (yes i'm a loser :slight_smile:) and offered the tutor we share some when she was stood by him and then offered him some! He took it and spoke to me and i even high fived him and saw his leg! Now he smiles at me when he see's me!

Maybe you should find a reason to talk to this guy (like James2612 said) and see if he responds. Or stare at him...that seemed to work for me :icon_bigg

Good luck!!!

10. Pendrin2020

Wow, take a step back and just breathe dude. I know what you mean. There is this guy, when he winks at me, I go into cardiac arrest.

Focus on being able to breathe near him and then we'll worry about the talking.

Just a quick question. Lex, what the hell was that?

11. Starburst

Indianapolis, IN, USA & Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
    Aww, so cute! You have a crush! Well, that's perfectly normal. So congratulations, you are a human with heart, and probably with a little guilt, lol.

In my home country's terminology, you have been struck with a LIGHTNING LOVE!
    And now there's no way to counter the effect.
    So here are some things as in your position, I would do.

When you are in close proximity to him, you cannot act, you cannot talk, you are not yourself because you have social anxiety. And the truth is everyone has it. It is some kind of uncertainty, that you do not know his possible reactions and fear an unexpected outcome.

So sometimes, you have to believe by suspending your disbelief. Play the "There is nothing to fear but fear itself"-card. Just stay calm at much as possible. Be excited about him instead of being nervous. Think that you can make both of you happy, that you can make him interested. But NOTE, don't forget to be considerate.

Sometimes, people are too excited and forget that they are attending a dialogue or an activity also shared by their partners. This makes them dictate the conversation, the moment,... and well, no one want their life and relationship dictated by a one party. So the partners may well give up.

Next, find out what he likes. And well, even if you are gay, or bi, or lesbian, or handicap, never ever wrap yourself up in a dramatic situation of isolationism. It is bad, and my dad said, whether you become rich or successful, it depends on what friends you make. So DO NOT FORGET your ALLIES.

There's no guilt in coming out to some friends and utilize your friendships for a little help. Espionage is what American kids are famous for? USE it! But do not call your friends all the time, and ask them about this, about that, or do not tell them about your guy every time you guys meet. It's dangerous, things may get boring, people will be sick of caring, and may think that you are using them, for real! Lol.

Also, because whether you can hook him up with you or not relies heavily on your self image. And this, you should give both a subjective and an objective view on yourself. See your weakness, improve it. See your strength, develop it. By the time, you really strike him with an impression, you will be well equipped for the relationship of long term. :slight_smile:

And, be passionate and thoughtful again. I admit that each of us has the little lust inside, and physically attractive guys take our breath away when they cross by. But in order to pursue someone for love, then we have got to transform that primitive lust into something more, something on the intellectual, emotional and shared-activities basis.

Mature guys don't like drama queens. And honestly, drama queen do not do much for society and should be tossed off somewhere. So do not intentionally or unintentionally turn into one! Never blah blah bah about other people too much. Talk more about you, about him, about you too in a relationship, do not resell watermelons on the street, and spread gossips. And finally, be a little mature like him, too. But don't lose yourself by overgrowing, lol. Balance it out! And you'll make a great match.

About the details of actions, I don't think I can tell you. It is up to who you are.
    And good luck! Get that boy as your Xmas present! Lol!

12. nickj

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I appreciated the 3oh!3 lyrics, Lex.

13. cm25

cm25 Guest

You need to try to talk to him because it seems like he is holding his ground very well. Maybe if you start talking to him, instead of waiting for him to talk to you, then you can become better friends. I dont mean it in a mean way, but it sounds like you are a very shy person. It also sounds like he isn't noticing you because you are hiding in the shadows. You need to put yourself out there, make yourself known. If you do start talking, take it slow. You never should feel rushed. Then, when the time is right, make your move. Tell him how you feel, that you have feelings for him. Maybe he will have feelings for you as well, maybe you arn't the right person for him. If this is so, atleast you have a good friend. Dont just blurt out right now that you like him, because that will probably lead to disaster. You would be giving up the chance for either the love of your life, or a good friend.

14. MSully9

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok so far in a matter of a week things have seriously changed between us. Last week while out to dinner with my friends i saw one of my older friends working at the restuaraunt. I later talked with her on facebook that night and she almost immediattely brought up the guy. I played it all cool. I am very cool now when i see him. My friend kinda introduced us and now he likes to comment everything on my facebook plus he likes to text stange things to me. He is extremely odd but amazingly funny....

Sadly as of now he has a Boyfriend.... But were not 100% if the two boys are joking about their relationship or are serious.

Only time will get me closer as of now.

15. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're cool now when you see him, why not ask? "Hey, I've heard you saying that Sam's your boyfriend. But you were joking around when I heard it, so I don't know if that was serious or not."

Lex

16. Urman

Urman Guest

You should try to hangout with him one day go to the mall or chat it up about something that you both have common interest in.Get to know him a little more and then once you have done that make the next step that you think you should make.Just take it slow and just get to know the person first and it should work out OK.

17. MSully9

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well Lex... I am no where close with him to ask that question. I think it would be extremely inappropriate at this stage.

I am not close to hang out buddies at all.

18. punkrocker99

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I love 3Oh!3 too. :grin: Awesome band.

I guess i kinda agree with waiting a bit, and seeing whether or not he actually is dating someone. I dunno if I would ask him directly if he has a bf, but maybe find out from one of your friends that is close to him?