1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

okay well my friend is really starting to scare me!!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Allweretaken, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Allweretaken

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lets just call my friend....Marilyn

Marilyn tells me that her mom is dating her best friend and I'm just like aw thats cute why do you seem to have a problem? She tells me I dont know I just am. I ask the name of the best friend and she says Lucy. And I'm like aw even cuter!But then she is mad. I ask her why she is mad and she says because they did not tell her rite away. I'm my head I'm like phew! But then I was kind of getting mixed signals there
    The next time we talk, we end up talking about one of my gut friends...which she has never met. One thing leads to another and she says " Oh maybe he us gay" And that got me really mad because she was basing that on him not liking girly girls ( which she is) and him being more into tomboys.
    I told her he is not. Then she said "well you never know he might not have told you...If I was him I would not tell you" In my head I was thinking of course he would have told me, especially when I told him that I was bi.We tell each other everything. Like literally everything he sometimes gets a bit more personal than i like... which is why I know he is not gay.
    Then we kind of argue off that topic and she tells me " I wouldn't tell you, I wouldn't tell anybody"
    Again me stuck in my head I think why is she ashamed?! Does she think its a sin? Because she is a Christian....but nit all Christians think alike rite? And is that why she is really mad that her mom is dating a woman?!
    I ask her why she would not tell anybody and she laughs it off and says" I dont know that's just the way I am." Again in getting mixed signals here!!!
    Then she ask me "Would you tell me if you are gay?" I say yeah but in my head I'm having a pannic attack....again me always in my head am thinking....okay technicalities....gay mean you like guts...im not 100% gay but she already knows I like guys... She means lesbian and I'm not a lesbian( well not 100%). I'm in the middle 50/50 I'm bi.... So thats what's going on in my head to reasure my self for kind of lying to her
    I really want to tell her I do but I'm getting mixed signals here and I'm not sure what to do. It kinda seems she knows but she can't because I only told like 5 people and 4 of them dont even live in the same city as us...and the other is the gut I share everything with and they again dont even know each other.
    I'm really just staring at my phone rite now. She is waiting for a response from me and we are still on the "gay " topic. I really want to tell her nut im afraid of all these mixed signals!!!! I know I am ready to come out but it feels like she is not 100% loving gay people. So I really don't know what to do!!
    Please help!! Any advice will do,even if its not something I want to here

Thanks!!!!

2. femmeandfab

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think you should tell her. It seems like you already have a really good friend in your guy friend so you still have people who support you even if she doesn't. Also since you said you want to come out it seems the potential benefits outweigh the risks.

From what I'm getting though it doesn't seem like she is homophobic/biphobic in the mean sense, but rather that she doesn't know much about it so it seems "weird" to her. Once she sees that someone she cares about is bisexual then she may come around and see that bisexual people are normal too.

But in the end only you can decide whether it is the right time for you to come out, this is just what I would do!

Best Wishes!

3. Allweretaken

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you a bunch...and I am gonna tell her next time I see so it can be face to face
    Thanks!