1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 890Happy, Jul 26, 2015.

1. 890Happy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi I want some advice on how to come out to people that I'm gay and when to do it. I thought about telling people by face to face when I'm 16 as I'm 15. I want to know should I do it now or wait when I get back to school as it the summer holidays or should I wait for a bit longer. What should I do?????:icon_sad:

2. blossoms

blossoms Guest

Coming out is a completely individual and personal thing to do. Everyone has their own preferred way which works best for them. Personally, I came out face to face with my family, as we aren't the letter or texting kind of family, but others find writing their feelings down better for them. Deciding when to do it depends on your situation - do you feel ready to come out? Is it safe for you to come out? Do you have some support available for when you do? Honestly, my advice is to do it when you feel completely ready and when you are, remember to take your time and try not to rush it. Your family/friends might have questions for you and want to know more, so be prepared just in case! I wish you the best of luck and hope everything goes well for you!

3. 890Happy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you for the advice!:slight_smile:

4. j13

j13 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    completely agree with the above comment.

If you feel ready and confident to come out you are more within in your rights. Just remember that you do not owe anyone anything. Your sexuality is something personal to you. If you want to share it you can, but you are under no obligation.

5. 890Happy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ok! Thank you very much:kiss: