1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ahh! i need help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by young92, Dec 22, 2008.

1. young92

okay so i havent been on ec since summer, and i definetly miss it here! so much has happened and i really need your guyses help!

so i've had a crush on one of my really close friend,"simon" for a really loong time. but i was never sure if he was straight/bi/gay. we'd always cuddle and joke around about stuff, but i was never sure whether or not he could be. i liked another guy who is also one of my close friends, but he is definetly not gay or bi, and he acted like this too.(..long story) so i didnt know if i was reading the signs right. and i didnt want the same thing to happen with the last guy.

well we met this gay guy from one of my other friends (she knows im bi). and he seemed really cool. and we all hang out alot. the gay guy, lets call "dylan" knows i like my friend "simon" but he likes him too. and lately simon and dylan have been hanging out alot. he even leaves me for him sometimes. dylans a cool guy, but i really like simon and it hurts to see them together all the time. and i am really starting to think simon might be attracted to guys because of the way he acts since we met dylan.

my other friend, who is gay, thinks it it because dylan is out that simon acts like that, and that he is definetly into guys. he thinks i should come out to simon. (he did act like he liked me before he got so close to dylan) but im still not sure! i dont wanna ruin our friendship. i mean he's obviously not homophobic. but im still scared. i dont want our friendship to change. and i really do like him ALOT! i almost cried myself to sleep because he left this party we were at with dylan without me, and we were planning on doing something together afterwards.

i know i should come out to him, but im scared. how do i do it? how should i do it? should i even do it? and if there is already something going on between dylan and simon what do i do? i told dylan i liked simon, but he still goes after him. we have gotten into so many arguments about this. i mean we still do talk, we are friends, but still. he really makes me angry sometimes. he said i was a "jealous bitch" which might be true (haha) but still.... :frowning2:

what do i do?

(sorry if this makes no sense, its 3 in the morning and i cant sleep cuz this is bothering me so much...and i am typing from my cell phone)

2. summersforecast

Hey the last thing you need to do is worry about this. (*hug*) It sounds like if Simon is gay/bi he might prefere that other guy over you. Sorry but its better than lying to you and pretending that everything will just magically work out for you and Simon but I might not. Your sixteen you don't need to worry about one guy cause there's tons of fish in the sea. If your determined however you might try to hang out with Simon more often and be there as a friend so that maybe you can move into position when the time is right. If you really want to come out to him the easiest way is by some sort of note or letter however you decide to do it just keep your cool Simon doesn't sound like the kind of guy who would hold this against you. Good luck:thumbsup:

3. young92

thanks. yeah i was thinking about just letting them happen, it would be hard for me to deal with no lie, but it does really seem like simon likes dylan. my friend thinks i did have a chance but i waited way too long. and he also said that they could get together, but chances are they will break up. but i dont know. i dont really know what i should do. :/
    i think i might just do what you said.
    should i still come out to him?

4. Gumtree

Honesty is the only thing that will progress this situation.

There 2 options.

1. Come out, be honest and get everything in the open.

2. Move on from the situation and try and get over it all - find new people and start again.

If you don't do one of the two, nothing will change.