1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it time to come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ilovesg, Jul 27, 2015.

1. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Every day I feel like I can't wait any more to come out. It is weighing on me and it is more of a burden to keep it to myself than I think it would be to just be honest. I don't really care what my family would think anymore, I'm at the point where accepting myself is enough and I don't need anyones approval. The only problem is that I am not good at conversations and I want to do it in person. This is sort of a serious thing and I feel like my family deserves to hear it from me directly. I also think if I came out any other way, they would pretend like it didn't happen. So, I need help starting the conversation. My sister told my aunt that I don't want a boyfriend and I was thinking of asking her why she said that to kind of see if she has an idea or not. Maybe asking why she doesn't think I want a boyfriend and go from there. Would that be a good idea? I also need help kind of pushing myself to do it in the moment because I'm afraid I will back out last minute. Any suggestions are appreciated :slight_smile: thanks!

---------- Post added 27th Jul 2015 at 11:13 PM ----------

i tried to change the name of my post and then it posted my question twice oops

2. Justforyou

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey, it seems like your sister might have an inkling so maybe talk to her first about it and then she might be the one to give you that final push to come out to the rest of your family, I'm not the best at giving advise though lol, just letting you know i'm here :icon_bigg

3. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you! I appreciate the support :slight_smile: I think that is a good idea

4. XxSunXDragonxX

I agree with JustForYou. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: