1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am 99.9% ready

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ilovesg, Jul 27, 2015.

1. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Every day I feel like I can't wait any more to come out. It is weighing on me and it is more of a burden to keep it to myself than I think it would be to just be honest. I don't really care what my family would think anymore, I'm at the point where accepting myself is enough and I don't need anyones approval. The only problem is that I am not good at conversations and I want to do it in person. This is sort of a serious thing and I feel like my family deserves to hear it from me directly. I also think if I came out any other way, they would pretend like it didn't happen. So, I need help starting the conversation. My sister told my aunt that I don't want a boyfriend and I was thinking of asking her why she said that to kind of see if she has an idea or not. Maybe asking why she doesn't think I want a boyfriend and go from there. Would that be a good idea? I also need help kind of pushing myself to do it in the moment because I'm afraid I will back out last minute. Any suggestions are appreciated :slight_smile: thanks!

2. alli o

alli o Guest

As long you are in a safe environment to do so go for it! It sounds as if this is the perfect time for you and you are so ready! Just imagine the feeling everyone explains and how great it will be when you finally take that step to tell the ones you care about!! I am so proud of you for being so confident and coming true to yourself I cant wait for you to make this final step! Hope all goes well and go for it!
    Just don't forget YOLO