1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the pill

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Beth, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Beth

right, obviously being a lesbian i don't need to go on the pill for contraceptive reasons :thumbsup: but mine is damn well inconvenient & i really really really really don't want to be on my period when i go on holiday with my gf :tears: which i will be!well,i'm due on that stupid week.
    so if i went to the doctors to make it easier would i just tell them that i want it for contraceptive reasons?
    and what with the doctors having awkward opening hours over christmas i was just wondering when do i need to start taking it for me to not be on when we're away?!?!

2. kaster

when are you going away? You need to start it on the first day OF your period reallly, and then you can carry on the packet straight to the next to stop your period, but if you're going away sooner like your next period is when you're going away, just start it now, you'll get a reallly small period but it'll only last a couple of days. It's not the best thing to do, but for that it wont matter.
    It would be easier to say its for contraception purely because they dont like giving it out for otehr reasons.
    Hope youre sure about it because there are some pills that have different effects like weight gain or can affect your skin..
    I was on one to make my skin better cause of the hormones, but it made me gain a bit of weight.
    Hope this helps! x

3. Beth

hmm,i'm on now.but thing is with it being christmas its hard to get to the doctors so i dont know what to do

4. kaster

your surgery or whatever should be open apart from christmas eve, christmas and boxing day.. I think anyway, that's how it is here. Any of your friends on it otherwise cause you could just ask for a box of theirs??

5. Beth

my gf said if it comes to it she'll just sacrifice some of hers & i can have them
    its not gona be for long.just to save this holiday really

6. kaster

yeah thats fine. I wouldnt worry about it if I were you, try at your doctors and there'll be opening hours and stuff. have fun on holiday, hope it works out :slight_smile:

7. Beth

so if i cant start takin it immediately how soon before the period do i need to start takin it?

8. kaster

well you're meant to start it on the first day of your period, but you'd still have a normal period that time, you could just skip the NEXT one, so if your next one is when you're going on holiday just start when you get some so that your next one doesnt come (or only does a little). Its because the pill works by making your body think its pregnant, so when you start taking it on the first day of your period it stops the next egg from being released, so if you take it just when you get it, the egg will be released already, so you'll still get a bit of one, but only for a day or two. haha, sorry if this is getting a bit too lessony. So just take it when you get it, dont skip days and you should be fine.

9. Beth

ok, cheers, if its a little lighter i guess that might be ok
    nothing more i can do
    thanks for the help