1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crying

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Brandford, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Brandford

What do you do when you feel the need to cry soo badly but cant no matter how hard you try?

2. Greggers

Not sure i understand the question?

When i need to cry i normally...cry :frowning2:

3. Jace

Oh I know what you mean

Usually I get pissed
    And frustrated

I seem to do that a lot lately
    God I hate high school

I hate grades and I hate projects
    And I hate quizes and tests and finals and when everything just piles up on top of everything else

4. Squishyface

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know what you mean. A few weeks ago someone close to me died, and I coulden't cry at ALL until I knew she was about to die in the next hour or so, it sucked.

5. george678

Well I get this and you might want to sit there for 5 or 10 mins and reflect on your upsetting.

6. Ben

Ben

I haven't cried in years. That's just he way things are for some people.
    If you can't cry, don't dwell on it. You don't need to cry to deal with your emotions, and if you focus on the fact you can't cry it's just going to bring you down.

(*hug*) I'm sorry you're upset, I hope things get better for you soon.

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Why don't you tell us what is so upsetting? Maybe we can help.

8. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unfortunately, it`s the other way around for me. I have an ``over`` crying problem and once i start crying, i get in this whole ``victim/blaming myself`` place and i can`t stop crying.

9. WritingPnut

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I sympathize with this problem, and I'm really sorry you have to deal with it.

I usually try to stop dwelling on the fact that I can't cry. Usually, I'll end up crying some other time, over something else, often something that I might not usually cry about, but it makes me feel better anyway.

I know it's easier said than done, but I think the best thing to do is stop stressing about it.

10. lordjord96

i normally hold it in and do something later that i dont wanna say. but why do you ask bandford?

11. cjtom

cjtom Guest

Sometimes you just have to get it out and if thats the case I usually watch a really really sad film.

Otherwise talking about it helps :slight_smile:

12. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are certain songs that just make me tear up. If I want to cry, I can just put one of those on, and boom - away I go.

Lex

13. zoeee

I often want to cry because I really feel like it, when I'm getting sad about not being out, thinking of never getting together with my crush for sure...and stuff like that. But I just can't cry, don't know why.

But I cry reeeally easily when it comes to things like arguments, when I am tired and annyoed,embarrassed, whatever. So stupid, I cry when I am annyoed but I can't when I am sad...

14. Sarah

when i wanna cry bu i cant i jus sob. ya kno? its not cry but it has that feeling of crying. no tears come out but u still feel lik ur crying. lol. tat doesnt mak sense but tats what i do

15. Brandford

Thanks all for your replies, I'll try some of the suggestions posted and as for why im upset there are just a bunch of things involved and its quite a long story

16. Pendrin2020

I break out a piece of paper and confess to every bad thing I can think of doing. No matter how small or how big. I tend to beat myself up with guilt. Letting it out helps.

When I have a lot of guilt or anxiety it feels like pressure in my head and/or chest, Like I can't breathe.

I also ask myself questions until one sounds like it's right cuz' I usually don't know what I'm feeling when I'm like that.

17. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What is...cry-ing?

18. Cool Beans

I just do the sobbing thing Sarah mentioned. But if I really need to have some tears, I watch this one particular clip from a TV show. It gets me every time. Like, big gasping cries. I did it a few minutes ago because of your question, and it worked. I hadn't even actually been sad or otherwise needed to cry beforehand! Perhaps you have a trigger like that?

19. SwissBoy88

I haven't cried in years. But I'm not really into displays of emotion (especially not public ones). I just swallow them and thats it...

#19 SwissBoy88, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  20. Markio

Usually if I want to cry I try to feel victimized until I do, but lately I've been unable to feel that way strongly enough. Last time this happened I sat in a stairwell for a while until I went back to my room and went to sleep! Take that, consciousness! Then I thought about why I was upset the next day so that it made sense to feel that way, and I talked to friends about it--not just complaining, but relishing in their supportive company and taking whatever advice they had to give.

If I ever feel like I'm getting toward the same position when I feel like crying but can't, I leave the situation long enough to cool off.