1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do they all have to die at once?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by xxAngelOnFirexx, Jun 3, 2007.

1. xxAngelOnFirexx

It seems like everyone close to my friernds and close to me is dieing (including pets)

This is a list of people (and pets) who've died in the last two years alone:

Best friend A.'s Mom (not close to) -ovarian cancer

Best friend S.'s Mom (like a mother to me) -leukimea and schleroderma

My favorite cat Mikey (we grew up together, same age) -kidney failure

My mom's guinea pig of 6 yrs -age?

here is a list of people (or pets) who are going to probably die soon:

my favorite teacher ever who helped me through soem real tough times (she just got cervical cancer. again she's holding off treatment)

my guinea pig of 7 years (she's not drinking and is now blind and deaf )

my nieghbor who is like a grandma to me, 95yrs (she had a stroke and is paralzyed on one side)

My elderly neighbor who went into a nursing home years ago (haven't heard from her in years...)

my grandma had a heart attck a few years ago (i'm not sure how she is)

My grandparents on my dad's side are older and sick i think (i'm not sure)

my best friends aunt (the one that's mom died ^ has the same cancer as her sister)

So i feel really worried that some thing is going to happen to the rest of my living family that i freak out every time my mom gets into a car. (I have a severe phobia of car accidents. I see visions of people in my immediate family gettting hurt in one every now and then)...

I just don't get why everyone has to die all at once. it's just one tradgedy after another... me with the depression just gtot over. my parents divorce i'm still reeling from. *sigh* :frown: :eusa_pray

2. Jim1454

I'm really sorry for the losses that you've experienced recently. It's very sad and almost overwhelming when these tragedies come one after another. Sometimes that's what happens. They say bad things come in threes - but it would seem you've got them in 6's or 9's...

With each one, its important to celebrate the life that the person / pet had and not dwell on the fact that they are gone.

While they are still around, take the time to get closer to the other people that you mentioned that you are worrying about - neighbours, teacher, grandparents - while you still have the opportunity. That will make you feel better about yourself and about them when they do pass on.

And about the car accidents, well, while they do claim lots of lives every year, car accidents are getting more and more 'surviveable' given the technology build into today's cars. A family that attends our church were involved in a very serious accident 3 weeks ago on their way to the cottage - their truck rolled several times - and they were all able to walk away from it - with the exception of the dad who needed some stitches in his one arm. It was pretty remarkable. So you need to somehow relax about that - because here in north america - people aren't about to give up driving their cars.

3. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I went through a period where a lot of people around me died, but it happened to me in the span of a few weeks. Since I lived in New Jersey, we had a lot of people from my town who died on 9/11. My karate teacher, my friend's father, my Dad's business partner of twelve years, and my teacher's husband who was a firefighter in the city is still in a nursing home. To add to it a few weeks later another friend's teenage brother died in a car accident. You just have to remember that these people died because it was their time, whether or not it was an accident or an illness. You can't dwell on their deaths either, you just have to move on and enjoy the time you have with everyone who's still here.

4. darkwalker13

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    man, ive been goin thru the same thing

my mom had cancer and she doesnt know if or when she could get it again

my grandfather who was my bestfriend died of lung cancer

my nana (widdow to the grandfather who died) recently remarried my moms godfather and is prolly gonna get lung cancer and so is my "step grandfather" who is a dick. he was dating my dead grandfathers sister untill he died.
    they r both in their late 70s. ewww

my pets that ive had sence i was like 6, and have gotten me thru all of this shit r getting really old and r starting to get sick.

one of my best friends moved to the other side of the state and i cant see him any more

my family is a bunch of homophobes (cept my parents and aunt) so i cant come out to them and they r always making me feel like shit 4 no reason

ppl r starting to call me a slut because i went out with this guy and gave him up because my friend v. is in love him.

theres a whole hell of a lot more but i dont wanna get into it

im really sorry 4 all of ur losses and im always here if anyone needs to talk because chances are that ive been there and can help.

5. Sam

Sam

I am so sorry to hear about all the lose you have experienced. I went through a period where it seemed like there were a lot of people dying around me. right now I'm waiting on a phone call to tell me that my cat which I have had over half my life is dead, she is basically starving herself to death she refuses to eat and I'm having a tough time because I don't live with her, when I had to move out I couldn't take her with me because of the high deposit it costs to keep an animal in this apartment so I basically see her a couple of times a month and I'm afraid that I'm not going to see her again before she dies she is the sweetest cat and I feel guilty for not being there with her during her last days. sorry I've been thinking about it a lot and then seeing this post brought those thoughts back up. its just my pets have gotten me through the rough times in my life when I had basically given up.

Sam

6. thommthomm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMG!! I am so sorry that you have gone through that, but remember that they are not really gone, just because their physical selves are no longer here doesn't mean that they are not with you. I hope you know we are here for you when you need to talk, vent or whatever. Take care of yourself...you are in my thoughts.

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Death is simply the transition from physical to non-physical. I agree with thommthomm that they are not really gone. Anytime you want them near, just talk to them. That's my belief. Jersey4life is wise beyond his years. You do need to not focus on death but instead cherish the moments you have with your loved ones.

8. jman77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    sorry for all of your loses. i am going through somewhat of that too. in the last couple years my grandma,grandpa, great aunt, great uncle, another great aunt, someone close to the family, another person close to the family and some others have died.

9. xxAngelOnFirexx

Thank you all for your support in my hard times. (&&&)