1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

drinking problem

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lordjord96, Dec 23, 2008.

1. lordjord96

so ever since my mum and dad been geting a devoce i started drinking again:eusa_naug. i dont wanna but i can help it and it was a plan for me last year not to drink. but how can stop drinking. i really hate myself for that because i destroys my brain cells:icon_redf. how can i stop??

2. Jebs

Sorry to hear your parents are on the bends dude, coming from a similiar situation I understand completely how that feels. My advice for you is to actually go and talk with your parents. I'm not sure how old you are or where but I'm guessing you are not old enough to buy alcohol. I'd go to the person that is supplying you with it and tell him to cut you off. If both of those options are unavailable or seems unappealing, I'd suggest talking with a counselor of some sort, or even looking up an AA meeting. It can be a bit intimidating tackling such a big issue, but the sooner you take care of it, the better you will feel. Good luck. Hope this helps.

3. lordjord96

this may sound a little wrong but iv been steeling them from my mum. but just now iv talked to her and she said that she will put her beers in her safe wich is odd and she will talk to me tommorw thank you mate!

4. crystaltriforce

would weening yourself off of alcohol with non-alcoholic bevrages work, or is that as stupid as it sounds?

5. lordjord96

no, no, no i couldnt help myself:tears: im haveing a drink now (stella artois) and well im liking it but i could not help myself

6. Trumpetplyer23

If you really don't want to drink, there are programs and groups that you can go to.

They will keep your information private, so you don't have to worry about getting in trouble. AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) is an example of that. You can find drug and alcohol conselours everywhere. Schools, especially. Talk to someone, they can get you help.

However, you have to want to quit. You can't half-ass quiting alcohol or any other drug. You have to be committed.

Seek help with someone you trust. Tell an adult or a close friend (depending on your age). They even have places you can call and talk to someone 24 hours a day, except for maybe on Christmas and New Years. Please, alcoholism is a terrible disease, please get help.

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Where are you getting the drinks from? If you can't stop the demand, cut the supply. Keep them out of the house, or have your mother put them somewhere you can't get to them.

Lex

8. Pendrin2020

I remember coming home from school and thinking, "OK tonight I'm just gonna stay home and chill. NO DRINKING." I was committed. I could go for hours, days, sometimes (rarely) weeks without drinking, but at some point my mind would lose all that resolve and I'd be sitting there with a bottle wondering, "what the hell happened?"

I had great reasons for quitting, my father was a violent wreck and would beat me if he found out, I was a whiney asshole when I was drunk, and people genuinely didn't trust me when I was messed up, but I just couldn't stop. I would insult and alienate everyone who could get me booze so that I couldn't get anymore, then I would decide that I might have over-reacted and do whatever the hell it took to get more. There were nights that I drove 80-90 miles from place to place looking for friends who had some. No matter how bad I wanted to, I just couldn't stop.

When I decided that I wanted a drink, I would forget about every bad experience and/or reason for quitting that I had. Then I would take that first sip or swallow and it was all I could think about doing until I was good and smashed, then I wanted more.

When It was there, I couldn't say no. I could at first, but ten minutes (sometimes 10 seconds) later, I had a beer in my hand, or a shot at my lips.

I can keep going on and on like this but the fact is that, Alcohol was the only solid thing I had and it was killing me. When the pain of taking one more drink became more than the pain of living without it, I asked for help.

Call the AA hotline, and they will tell you where to find a meeting. The people in those meetings showed me how to stop. They showed me how to be happy. They saved my life and they loved me until I could love myself.

Good Luck
    Pendrin

9. MedGuy211

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I had a lot of problems with alcohol while i was in college. I was miserable and depressed and couldn't see a way out of my situation, so i drank. It went on for the first 2.5 years of school, until my best friend basically forced me into getting help.

I think that's the key. Get help. No one can beat this by themselves. I agree with everything that has been said. Support groups, counselors, friends; find people that you can talk to about this. It was only after i recognized that I couldn't get anywhere without help that I was able to turn things around. Good luck man, I know how hard it can be to stop. But, you can do it. (cheesy but true)

10. george678

My Grandad was a bad smoker and one day he said thats it stop and he put the fags in the bin end of it was hard but just dont drink stop all of a sudden it WILL be hard put stop.
    When you get the temptation to drink do something else.

11. Jim1454

If you want to stop - get help. AA works.

Drinking isn't a solution to problems - it's a problem itself.

PM me if you want to talk more. I'm in recovery in another 12 step program and might be able to put to rest some of the fears that you have about attending a meeting.