1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Chris200, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Chris200

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ok, like nine months ago i came out to my parents, and it was very hard, but the rest of my family doesn't know, and my boyfriend wants to meet my ENTIRE FAMILY. what should i do, please help.:icon_sad:

2. Sam

Sam

well first of all welcome to EC! you are the only one that can decide whether you are ready to take that next step and tell your family. you just have to ask yourself am I ready? I would say that I would come out to the family then give them time to get used to it before you introduce them to your boyfriend. telling them and introducing him at the same time might be too much for them to deal with at one time. I recently told the rest of my family... well on my moms side but anyway out of the huge amount of family members I have, only one has decided they don't accept me, all the others are supportive. I say go for it if you are ready the only advice I would give you is like I said above, space out the coming out and the introductions it will make things go a lot smoother. I hope everything works out for you. good luck!

Sam

3. Chris200

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    thanks, i appreciate that.

4. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Welcome to EC Chris (!). Wish I had a boyfriend, but I haven't been brave enough to try and find one yet, so congratulations. I agree with biloved, you have to do what you're comfortable with, if you don't want the rest of your family to know right now tell him he's going to have to wait. If he respects you, he'll give you the time you need to do what you want to do. Hope to see ya around.

5. thommthomm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is really good advice!! I totally agree!!:thumbsup: :eusa_clap