1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"too young to be gay"

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kamtra, Aug 4, 2015.

1. kamtra

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ok, so I've known for a very long time that i am a lesbian but i am awfully far in the closet. it is mainly a fear of my family not loving me, or worse, not believing me. I should mention that I am 14, another big worry of mine is that they will say I'm too young to even understand, but all of my family had straight crushes when they were young. And, whenever I almost build up the courage to tell them i knock myself down and try and put it to the back of my head.

Honestly any advice would help, I just need clarification that what I'm feeling is valid. (*hug*)

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out when I was 13! (One year ago, haha) There is no "right age" to know your sexuality. Any straight person who tells you otherwise is a hypocrite. Most people get crushes from an early age- and if you asked them when they knew they were straight, they probably wouldn't have an answer. Don't doubt yourself over age- plenty of people have known and come out younger than you (*hug*)
    (Love your avatar, by the way)

3. MetalRice

There's no right age, if you know then you know; no need to worry; don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

4. kamtra

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you so much that actually helped quite a lot I'm gonna try harder to tell my mom, I'm pretty sure she will be supportive but I'm just gonna be cautious. But, honestly right now anything is better than in the closet :slight_smile:

(and thanks, zorua's one of my favourite pokemon)

5. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's just one of society's silly double standards. Tell them they're too young to be straight. :lol:

14 isn't really too young to develop a sense of yourself. Heck, I was maybe 10 when I realized I wasn't straight.

6. DietColaGoddess

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm 14 too and I'm bi. I've always been attracted to both genders but I feel like because of my age people are going to think that it's just a phase.

7. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey I came out at your age and I would say some people did think I was a little young but then again if anyone does just ask them if they knew they were straight by the time they were 14? I mean I knew I was gay when I was 11 but I was so far in denial that I would never even think about it. I started to accept myself at around the age of 13.