1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice on coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by imbatmanbiatch, Aug 5, 2015.

1. imbatmanbiatch

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Over the past few months, I have accpeted that I am bisexual. I haven't come out to anyone yet but I plan to as soon as possible. I need help in telling one of my bestfriends (who is a guy) that I have feelings for him. He seems pretty accpeting of the LGBTQ+ community but he's the kind of person where you're never quite sure what he's thinking. I have had a few oppurtunites to talk to him about it but haven't been able to pluck up the courage to tell him. I think it would be easier if at first I only tell him I am bi, then at a later date tell him how I feel about him. I'm just unsure of how to proceed with the first part, I don't know how I would start the conversation. Any and all advice is welcomed <3

2. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hm, well..
    I suppose if you're talking about girls, you could bring it up that you're into men as well. It would be the most casual, natural way to come out.
    If you do want to straight-up say it, go for it. You could tell him that you have something kind of important, and say you are bi.
    If somehow he reacts badly, I don't think you should confess your feelings to him, but if he's neutral or positive, you should go for it. Like you planned to, I also think it's better if you said them at different times, as it could be overwhelming.
    I hope I could somehow help and good luck :slight_smile:

3. Ardi

Out Status:
    Some people
    I think the biggest thing that you want to avoid is rushing. You should kind of 'set-up' the conversation so that you can ease your way into mentioning that you are bisexual, and then eventually being able to say that you are attracted to him, like what loveislove01 said.

But first you should make sure that you are 100% comfortable and that the moment is right. Don't rush it by any means. Just be careful and do what feels right, because it'll come to you. ^^

#3 Ardi, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015