1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I come out to my mother that I'm bigender?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LizzerDizzer, Aug 6, 2015.

1. LizzerDizzer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, so I came out to my mother as asexual and homoromantic and she was perfectly fine with it, everyone in my family is fine with it and they have no problems to it. The big problem is that I don't know if she would be ok (or i guess understand?) with me being bigender, coming out as ace/gay is one thing, but coming out as a gender where I switch between male and female is a whole other thing.

I have come out to one of my sisters, mainly because she's very open-minded and if she dosen't understand, she just asks questions. but I'm just scared to come out to anyone else in my family because I'm admittedly not sure if they are as open-minded or innocently curious when it comes to gender.

I know that if I want to get on testosterone and wear binders, I need my mother to know and understand, as well as help me and support me. But to start that I need to tell her, but I just don't know what to do.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and thank you all for reading this.

2. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you considered writing a letter? What's nice about letters is you can give everything you say thought. What your saying is very unlikely to be interuppted, unless your mom stopped reading for some reason. Or you could find a time where you're both not doing anything to have a talk with her about it. If she doesn't understand at first, it's okay, just try to use define terms she doesn't know, and put things in a way she can understand, or the internet or something. Hope I helped! (*hug*)

3. LizzerDizzer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That might be a good idea, we live in the same household (I'm 16) so I could either write one on paper, or send an e-mail (that's how i first came out to her). I'm just so nervous and scared and ugh!
    Thank you for the idea!

I could get my sis to help too, get some support if things start to go bad or to help explain. I'm sure it's going to be ok if I just tell her, but there's that small thought of, 'what if she's not ok with that?'

4. LizzerDizzer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If anyone else has ideas, I would love to hear them! I'm still waiting for the perfect moment and I'm still wondering different ways to come out.

5. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh no problem! I'm sure your sis would help.