1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your thoughts

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 50ishandout, Aug 6, 2015.

1. 50ishandout

I work in a courthouse. I've worked for the District Attorney and now the Clerk Magistrate of a District Court.

I've gotten to know many police officers over the years. One officer that is the Police Prosecutor from one of the cities served by the court has become a friend of mine.

Yesterday to quicken the story I Came Out to him. He was great supportive everything was great.

Today he comes into my office shuts the door and said " yesterday you shared something about yourself ". "Can we talk about it". Me being me I say of course. He then proceeds to tell me about a very good friend of his who he suspects is Gay. The guy is one of his best friends. He wanted to know how to talk about "IT".

I told him to go easy if in the course of conversation the opportunity arose to talk about work he may be able to tell the story about the guy that Came Out to him and that it was so meaningfulto him that this person trusted him enough to share his personal side. Told him not to push because his may scare him.

It's made me feel great that my friend would feel confident in our friendship that he could talk about his friendship with the other guy.

What are your thoughts about this?

2. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I agree with you, it's great that he feels so confident that he's able to talk to you about these things, and that he seeks advice before possibly jumping into it and scaring the guy.
    And congratulations for coming out to him and having it go so well! ^_^

3. 50ishandout

It felt good to be able to give advice to someone with questions about someone they cared about.

Berry my Coming Out has been great. Everyone should have such a great one.