1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've almost come out...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Midori, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Midori

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well...A month ago I was at the supermarket with my mother. It was just the two of us and I had the sudden urge to ask my mother a question. "Have you ever felt like a different gender?" was what I was going to ask. I felt stupid then, and now, for thinking about that question. I was going to then ask her how she would feel if I were/felt like a different gender...I never asked the question or told her. I was shaking and felt sick, dizzy too.

Fast forward to today...Kinda. A week ago my older brother, 17 turning 18 soon, had said I was transgender(He used it as an insult). During that week I went to a convention and cosplayed as two male characters on the two days I went. Both times when I cosplayed, my brother said I was becoming a boy and "Look, its a boy!" as a 'joke'.

I do know that genderfluid is an umbrella term. However, whe I questioned my brother about "Why do you think I'm transgender?" he replied "Oh,I can tell." so that freaked me out. I almost told my brother.

For months I've been thinking of coming out, but..maybe when I'm older? I just want to tell them, but I get too scared, too easily.

Should I tell them now? I'm almost 14, but I don't know if I should wait until I can support myself financially, and hopefully move away for college.

2. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should go through with it!