1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to act straight?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BdeBesta, Dec 26, 2008.

1. BdeBesta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Trust me when I say, I need this!

How can I act straight, and if you're going to post, don't say "JUST BE YOURSELF", actually suggest please

xoxo

B

Dante V likes this.
  2. Jonah 4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What do you mean by straight....like faking attractions to girls or are you talking more along the lines of stereotypes. (feminine vs masculine?)

3. myra

if your talking around being more masculine, keep the hand gestures while talking down to a minimum or cease entirely. that's one thing i've noticed. Um...i know when my boyfriend and his friends see each other they throw their voices up into the falsetto register and say something like "what's up mother fucka?" just to be stupid. so maybe with your closer friends have something like that? Don't sway your hips when you walk, kinda just keep your entire body relaxed when walking. Erm...watch what topics you talk about. And don't ogle girls too much or else your faking masculinity, but do that a little around the guys. Around girls, don't be too involved in giving them tons of advice. Listen to their problems if they really need you, but don't talk about your problems to them too much. I suppose that's all i got. Mostly from just observation though.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Acting straight? Em...define acting straight :slight_smile:

If you mean by going along and fitting in and if you feel that this is what you have to do then do it. I feel bad for suggesting it because you are just going to hurt yourself, in particular emotionally. I guess 'acting straight' entails lying about your own sexual identity, saying things like I hope to get a girl friend one day too, etc...

If I may ask, why do you want to do that?

5. BdeBesta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Its personal, but worry not, I am fully aware of my sexual identity!

6. n8i2c7k

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Umm...ok well, first of all i guess like myra said the wrist thing has to go. Also your voice can't be to...umm gay? Well it can't be too high and no lisp thing.

About the "what's up mother fucka?" thing, if thats what they do were you live then ya i guess you could start doing it. But keep in mind that you can't just shift overnight or people are going to start to wonder. If you just all of a sudden start using it, people are going to look at you funny.

Myra also brought up a good point about your social life, who you talk to, what you talk about, etc. Try to stay away from having just all girls as freinds. One thing you can always find with a straight guy are GUY freinds. Preferably have more guy freinds than girls but if you don't, it doesn't matter much.

Watch what you talk about. You don't have to force yourself to stick with sports, sex, girls, or whatever you think guys talk about, just remember not to talk about girl things. Talking about guys is out of the question, so is fashion. Guys tend not to care much about fashion. They like to look good but they won't flaunt it and talk about it all day.

Importantly, you shouldn't try to act so masculine that people will see past the act. You don't have to act extreemely masculine to act straight. Just don't act...gay. No staring at guys, keep the gay voice down to a minimum, no wrist action, and be comfortable with other guys. Just think about it this way. Don't act straight, act not gay.

Now, i do understand that keeping in the closet is important which is why i'm giving advice (don't know if it'll help but oh well). However you should really "JUST BE YOURSELF". If atleast being yourself without flaunting your homosexuality. For me, i guess i do act straight but not because i'm trying to, it's just how i am. I act how i would even if i did come out. I just don't hit on guys.

I don't know if this helped but i hope you gleaned something out of it :slight_smile:

7. Vorenus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't think you can fake it....I couldn't honestly tell you. But why do you really needs this (as you say)?

Vorenus

8. Pendrin2020

Is this for a play or something? cuz' yeah, faking it sucks.

Be Strong but don't show it
    Be Silent but not stuck up
    Be Social but not the butterfly
    Be you but don't be ashamed of it.

Balance is desirable.

9. summersforecast

This subject makes me want to take a flying leap out of the closet... why do you suddenly need to act straight? Oh my gosh this is making me sick:eusa_sick

10. BeautifulStranger

There are no set actions for straight guys.
    You can fit every single stereotype if you desperately want to convince people you're straight. But that's about it.

And I know you don't want to hear it, but rather than be someone you're not, you should really be you.

11. Shevanel

make out with the nearest girl infront of everyone your trying to give "straight signals" to? lol thats probably not the best idea. Honestly, if you think about it, you can't really act straight, straight guys can act a whole lot gayer than some gay guys can, its sorta funny. If you want to act straight as in attraction to girls, then pretend to be attracted to girls and not guys, I don't know, there really isn't any straight way to act lol.

12. gaius

gaius Guest

errrm if i were to give on piece of advice on this it would be to not try too hard, i can't help seeming straight but as im bi its easier for me to talk about girls, what i suggest is just to copy the people around you, control the pitch of your voice, be ever so slighty insensitive, no hand movements of any kind, dnt start talking about women unless someone brings it up but if they do then it might be a good idea to have googled some so at least u have some to talk about?, errr on ur phone have a pic of a woman in some state of undress, if u drink (alcohol) drink beer, whiskey straight works well also in my experience and finaly don't make yourself the centre of attention as you wont then have to act as often. hope this helps i hope you choose to come out but i understand there are times when u need to act to make life easier

13. Nixon

holy shit

Sweat Pants
    Sweater or T-Shirt
    Flannel
    Deep Voice
    Add Ladies to the end of everthing

ex. What do we have for homework, Ladies, I Got a banana, Ladies, and so on

talk about fisting

14. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

Things that set off my gaydar are body language and fashion. When you sit, kinda slouch, have your legs apart, don't cross them. No wrist action. Dress casual. Jeans and a tshirt/hoodie is how my straight male friends dress.

15. Bryan90

Be like an actor. Emulate. Pick a role that is masculine from a show/movie, and play it like an actor.

That works for me when I need to be feminine.

But this won't be healthy in the long term FYI, but I figured you already knew that.

16. James

I completely agree with you, be yourself man.

17. OneHatMadder

Talk about "Nailing bitches."
    Constantly.
    :grin:

18. Nixon

agree

FISTING, ladies

19. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

Oh no.
    Please don't.

20. Greggers

You want to act Straight?

Not hard. I pulled it off in my Christian school for years.

There is only ONE, and i repeat ONE thing you need to do.

Straight = like women. You can be straight and still be feminine. NO one is going to question if you "like women" if you "like women", cause well thats what straight means.

So! Pick one REAL LIFE girl and one CELEB girl, both who are pretty, and spread it around you like them more than a fat kid likes chocolate fountains. Seriously, just say "oh isnt britney spears so damn hot? i would so do her" and you wont have ANYONE saying you are gay, trust me. The real life girl is trickeyer, make sure she does not like you to be safe, and make sure your not good friends. Then just let it slip every once in awhile you have a crush on her. If she finds out and it id akward, simply change the person you "like" and all is better.

So, re-cap, straight = like women, pretend to like celebs, pretend to like girls at school, and you are looked at as being straight.

Do not try and act "macho" or anything though. Honesty, dont change the music you like and the things you like to do to impress people. You wont make any true friends, and your entire life will be based on this terrible, horrible lie. Trust me, it sucks. I did that all of highschool. If you dont want people to know your gay, thats fine. Its your choice, and its not something that should affect relationships. Pretend you like women, but dont pretend your someone your not for everything. You hate sports? Good. People dont accept you cause you dont like sports? Sad, little people they are. You pretend to like sports? This will only hurt you. Just be yourself and stomp any rumors in the face with some false words about loving girls. Minimizing the lies will be good for you.