1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixed signals

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Vorenus, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Vorenus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok...this is probly the oldest story in the book, but i am desperatly inlove with a man i dont now is gay or not. When i mean in love, i mean in love in a way i cant help. He's way under my skinn so to speak. He nows i am gay and keeps sending signals just to pull back afterwards. We get a long great and there is a great connection there, but i need to find out whats going on. I am to scared to talk to him about it, because i might loose the friendship we got, but i would like him to know since the signals i randomly get tells me he would like to take it further. I dont know what to do, i am in pain and dont know how to deal with or get out of this situation. I feel like packing my suitcase and skipping town.

Vorenus

2. Dazed

Dazed Guest

what kind of signals does he send?
    the best thing to do is talk to him about.
    he may like you but is just really confused

3. Vorenus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Mixed signals:
    Discretly touching, invasjon of personal space, dosnt pull back if f.eks our feet are touching. Accendently touching when walking pass me, body language etc etc. A million different things that add up.

But all this is my fault. He is obvious "turned on" by the ide, but will never carry it threw. And i keep playing a long........shit, i am really stuck on this guy...

Vorenus

#3 Vorenus, Dec 26, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Try to observe how he is with other people. Some people are very touchy-feely and tend to behave like this with everyone. If he's like that with others too then you know the situation.

I've been caught out by someone like that too. :frowning2:

5. Vorenus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's just me...I should just call him on it and make a none doubtable move :slight_smile: but this whole thing is a catch 22. Long story...i will figure it out....

6. Pendrin2020

You post very mysteriously:dry:

Yes, talk to him. It must be done for the apparent good of your sanity. Good luck.

Don't stutter.

7. Vorenus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i know...its a weird situation. Its like nobody wants to make a move and exposing themselves....small town...he a macho image to the other guys...to much to risk etc etc

:slight_smile: happy days....

Vorenus

8. Tofu

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well if you love him as you say you do, and people around you wouldn't bother you too bad then I would tell him how you feel. If you guys are this close he should understand. I'm in the same situation but I dont get to see him anymore. I wish I could see him just to tell him I love him. :frowning2:

9. summersforecast

I have a crush who does this exact stuff but I can't tell weather he's doing it just for flirting or if he's trying to expose me as gay. About a month ago I spent the night at my friends house, its always just me and my two straight guy friends and we were watching tv, me and the one I have a crush on are sitting on the same coutch and he starts touching me with his toes(this turns me on insainly) I prentend I don't think a thing of it in order to not expose myself. Then he puts his feet in my lap! I kept it cool and said, "stop" followed by removing his feet, and he puts them there again so I do the same thing as the time before and he stoped. He's driving me crazy!

10. RaRa

Some people are just natural flirts, they enjoy doing it. I should know many people I know do it.

If you can specify what type of signals? Physical, eye contact, what? Maybe we could help just a little bit better.

We also sometimes want to see things different then what they truly are. If at any point he told you he was straight, even if you suspect he is gay or bi, just leave it alone as it usually ends bad.

11. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

some people jus flirt alot and dont mean much by it. I do that alot. It's horrible, but it happens.

Could you possibly find out through a friend to ask or you can if you feel strong enough simply talk to him about it.

12. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

See post #3

13. Vorenus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    trying2behappy said:

"I have a crush who does this exact stuff but I can't tell weather he's doing it just for flirting or if he's trying to expose me as gay. About a month ago I spent the night at my friends house, its always just me and my two straight guy friends and we were watching tv, me and the one I have a crush on are sitting on the same coutch and he starts touching me with his toes(this turns me on insainly) I prentend I don't think a thing of it in order to not expose myself. Then he puts his feet in my lap! I kept it cool and said, "stop" followed by removing his feet, and he puts the2m there again so I do the same thing as the time before and he stoped. He's driving me crazy!"

thats bordering on sexual harasment :slight_smile: But he is being very obvious. Should ask him if he is comming on to you and if HE is gay?

In my case, not that obvious be the sexual tension is there and just the way he acts. But i have come to the conclusion that it must just be a fantasy he has and probably comfortable leaving it there. If i act upon it he will probably run like a rabbit. So...i need just to get OVER him big time(any ideas anyone, i mean, i got it bad), and move on....How do you get rid off deep feelings and someone stuck inside your brain 24/7, in hope that something will happen. Yep, i need help :slight_smile:

Vorenus

#13 Vorenus, Dec 28, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2008