1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a good way to come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LizzerDizzer, Aug 9, 2015.

1. LizzerDizzer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been thinking of ways to come out to my mother that I'm bigender, and I made a thread asking for ideas. Sadly, I only got 1 given idea that I might try.

But I got an idea of how to come out to my mother. I have no idea how anyone in my family feels towards transgender people, so I was thinking of asking my mother how she feels towards them (I might ask her how she feels towards Caitlin Jenner). I sadly don't know what I would do if she's ok with transgenders or not, I still need to think it over on possible things to say and whatnot.

Is this a good way to get into the subject? or a good way to come out??

#1 LizzerDizzer, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  2. troubleshooter

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Testing the waters like that first is always a good idea. I think with something like this you'll also have to explain what bigender means. I definitely would recommend testing the waters and bringing up subjects like that before you say you are though

3. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I say whatever works and whatever you're comfortable with. Since you don't know how your family feels on the subject its a good idea to talk about it. It'll give you an idea how they'll react and to you might be surprised! I wish you the best of luck :slight_smile: