1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A drunken confession

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by carterandstuff, Aug 10, 2015.

1. carterandstuff

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello kind cherubs of the internet
    As I am new to this site I thought I'd share something,
    I had always known that I liked girls. I just never had the courage to really admit it to anyone. Just over a year ago, a bunch of my friends and I were at a party, were I got pretty smashed (actually catastrophically smashed, but who needs to know that part). With this new found liquid courage I proceeded to tell one of my very good friends that I was bi, and that I had feelings for another girl we were friends with.
    I did not remember this confession in my hungover state, but I am glad that at least my drunken alter-ego was able to be brave and finally tell someone the truth.
    Although I am slightly ashamed of how I came out, I don't regret it for a second. But I do still feel unaccepted by many of my friends, who were nice and comforting to begin with, but now become incredibly awkward and tense whenever the subject comes up.
    If you have any words of wisdom or advice, I would be all ears!
    Much love to everyone out there, hopefully my embarrassing night gave one of you a good laugh <3

#1 carterandstuff, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

Welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

That was one interesting story which I hope would never happen to me. :lol:

Maybe your friends need to settle with it until they feel comfortable. But I think with true friends, it wouldn't change how they perceive you.