1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

boyfriend is moving :'[

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DAMONdisaster, Dec 26, 2008.

1. DAMONdisaster

My boyfriend and I just got back together after a harsh breakup last night. Right after we got back together, he found out he is moving to Chula Vista, CA. He just came home from there a week ago. He slept over at my house on the 23rd, but he left early on the 24th. I want to see him one more time, and the thing that sucks the most is that he was planning to stay over here again tomorrow. I want my Coops back and I would do anything just to see my baby boy again. I really wish he would not move, but I know now that I cannot make him stay in Vegas. I miss him so much already. And also, is it normal to start hugging the pillow he slept on? I always hug it and it smells just like him. I always say, "Cooper, I miss you and I want you back" whenever I hug it. Is that normal? It sounds funny, I know, but I just miss him so much. He said we have to break up, because he never had luck with long distance relationships. I cannot live without him. He always made me happy, and whenever I talk to him or when I'm with him, the bad things in my head go away. But I hope to meet someone on here that is just like him. Someone that will make me happy again, someone that isn't too far from me, someone that is close to me. I love my Coops and he loves me, but he said that he cannot do a long distance thing. :tears::tears:

2. myra

Welcome to EC!

I know its hard to lose someone you're so close to. I think hugging the pillow he slept on is fine. When i'm feeling alone, i'll cuddle with a pillow or a stuffed animal and pretend its my boyfriend next to me. When he loaned me sweatshirts, i'd sleep with them under my head because they smelled like him. Just remember you guys are young. With the break up of my first love, i kept telling myself that if i loved him, I would let him go. I think that's what you need to do. If he doesn't want to even atempt a long distance relationship, then you'll have to respect that and let him go. I'm not saying forget, you can't ever forget someone you care for so much. Just think of the relationship as in the past and look toward the future. He's not a part of your future anymore. Someone else is.

You will meet someone else hun. But for your sake, don't go looking for someone just like Cooper. It wouldn't be fair to you. As much as you love him and his characteristics, there could be someone out there who has ones that you'd like even better. By focusing only on him you're putting on blinders and ignoring what could be right there under your nose. Don't go rushing into another relationship right away though. Give yourself time to heal first. Think about him, cry about him, then put him behind you and move on. The past is in the past, it can neither hurt you nor become the future. You'll be happy again some day soon. Just remember, you don't need somebody to make you happy. You're a person on your own and to be truly happy, you have to be happy with yourself, not because someone else is makeing you feel that way. *hugs*

3. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

This is exactly the advice I would have given. And while its hard at first you will move on. I used to do the same thing when I had broken up with my gf a long time ago, but moved on.