1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

big mistake, or next step?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by young92, Dec 26, 2008.

1. young92

So today I was with some of my friends, and we had to drop one of them (my crush) off early so we just parked somewhere and just talked for a while and then I was dared to make out with one of my friends, who is gay. And I said whatever, and it happened. But the thing is, one of my really good best friends that i've known alot longer then my gay friend was there too. And when it happened he flipped out and was like "Oh my god! that didn't happen! he's like my best friend! he didn't do that! guys kissing guys is weird" and alot of other things. It was so awkward. I denied that anything happened, cuz well I pushed him off after a second cuz it was awkward. and thats when he flipped out. I didn't know what to do. So we sat there and he (my friend) talked about how weird it was, and flipped out, and so we went and dropped him off. [Yes after we dropped him off we did finish making out xD]

but anyways, i fealt so weird, because that guy is one of my BEST friends, he's been there for me through alot, but he's obviously not okay with me being bi. (he doesn't know) So when i got home, i logged on facebook and told him that nothing happened, and I wasn't gay. Then one of my friends (a girl) called me, and we talked about what happened. and then my gay friend called.

They both think that i need to stop hanging out with that one guy, because all he's doing is holding me back from being myself. and that none of them are going to talk to him or hang out with him anymore.

So after awhile, i'm just chilling listening to music, and talking to ppl on AIM, when my gay friend calls me back. He tells me that he TOLD my crush what happened tonight, and that I am bi. He said that it was the best thing to do, because he's "the middle man". and then my crush texts me saying that he's super cool with it, and that he'll always be my friend and nothing will ever change. so i guess thats a good thing.

But then my crush calls my friend that flipped out, and told him some stuff, but i don't know what exactly because he went to bed.

but tomorrow, he (my crush) wants to get everyone together to talk about this , but I have work.

i don't know if this is a good thing or bad.

i mean one of the people i was soo worried to tell is okay with it, but i might lose one of my best friends. EC WHAT DO I DO?

sorry for my horrible grammar guys, when i'm nervous I type like this
    xD

2. young92

sorry for double posting but i couldnt find the edit button.

so now i'm stuck with either coming out to everyone, or having the friend who flipped out tell everyone, and probably ruin everything....

3. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

Maybe your guy friend was weirded out because he had just assumed you were straight and seeing your make out with a guy is a little much. If I had seen any of my "straight" guy friends making out with another guy I would have been a little weirded out just because my assumptions were wrong.

Hopefully he was just caught off guard and will be ok with it all.

Let us know how it all works out.

4. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Maybe your friend was just trying to make you think he didn't like gay people, when he really doesn't care.
    You know, following the pack sort of thing.

If he said he's cool with it, i don't see the problem (other than you gay friend basically outing you)

5. skydrone

skydrone Guest

yeah maybe he's just surprised or anything. but things happen he said he's cool with it so maybe he'll understand. :slight_smile:

6. Dazed

Dazed Guest

the same thing kind of happened with my best friend but i was trying to come out to her when i kissed a girl. she freaked out but i was tired of hiding who i am.
    we didnt talk for a while but now we are friends again

tell your best friend. if he is really your true friend he will get over it.and if not it sounds like you have some good people who will stay with you no matter what

7. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

Same thing happened to me...its better to not try who you are anymore and just come out with it.

8. young92

thanks guys. and everything turned out prety well.
    so turns outthat my gay friend thought it was necessary to call everyone in our circle of friends and tell them that im bi. (this is a group of like 7 people) it kind of got me angry because he knew i wasnt ready to come out.

and everyone told me seperatley that they were fine with it. so did my best friend, the one person i was most afraid of.

only one other person in the group knew before the whole incident, and now our whole group knows, and everyone is cool with it, which is such a relief but im still mad that i was basically outed without my permission. (all of my friends talked to me privatley about it, thats how i found out i was outed)

its just a little awkward now, because my gay friend also told my crush that i liked him! neither of them know i know, but they are bad at whispering. so im even more mad at that :/

but yeah mostly everything turned out okay.
    thanks guys