1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ive got a unique way to come out and i love it

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Welshgay16, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Welshgay16

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Im sure many of you want to come out despirately but cant find the words or you cant think of a way to get onto the topic , ive been strugling with finding a way to start a convosation that will lead to the topic so tell my mum im gay and i want people to know im gay as it isnt obvious , ive come up with a way , and im so happy with it , i recently opened a bank account and you can personalise your card with a picture , so i thought , why not put something with rainbow colurs that is obviously lgbt , and hopefully my mun will ask , why did u get that people will think your gay and i can reply , because i am and we can talk about it , or she will say something that i can respond with coming out , this will also hint to people in the new college im starting in September that im gay , does anyone have anything to comment , ide love to hear your thoghts , i thought ide share this incase it helps anyone else , ive found a uniqe way of coming put and it will definitely make for a cool story

2. AsiaJ33

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's a neat idea! I always wanted to do something like that, where my mom says "people with think you are gay" and I can just go from there. I like that idea, and I hope it works out :slight_smile:

3. Mags the Goron

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That's a really great idea! I guess you could also put up a pride flag in your room. :slight_smile:

4. gillisland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's actually a great idea. I might do that one day, but I would do what AsiaJ33 said. I would take it from "why are you doing something that would make you look gay". Also, when and if you do this, tell us how it went.

5. Closet Shut

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I think it's a great idea, for those who still live with family that are accepting.. & may not have a negative reaction, but It may be a bad idea for those who come from family who aren't as a supportive, & for other people.. they may not immediately catch on unless you tell them. A rainbow can mean something else to some people; as for your case, I think it's an interesting way of coming out, I hope your family is accepting; but on the cautious side, I just hope you're aware of your parents personality, & how they may react.. either way, I hope it works out.

6. Welshgay16

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks everyone , and thanks for the concern ^ but im sure itl be fine , il keep u posted when it happens but uve got to wait a week for it to come :frowning2: . I still never thoght ide say barclays bank would be the thing that helps me come out to my mun

7. Mickey 29

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha...that's a neat idea.

I have a few family members to come out to. I talked to my mom and dad about doing a kind of 'game night' and I tell everyone else through charades.