1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best friend came out to mom diasater.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Beach Lover, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Beach Lover

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So my liasbian best friend came out to her mom and here are some quotes from her mom.
    I know that's a lot but those are all the issues. I know this isn't really my place to be noisy but I want to help her as much as I possible can. She means the world to me and I want her and all my friend do great. She seems pretty mentally stable more in a defiant "I'm going to show that bitch who's right" mood but I'm not sure how long that's going to last. I told her I would stand with her though.

2. troubleshooter

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How old is she? Sometimes coming out to parents like that is a bad idea, but that ship has sailed. I saw my high school best friend beaten in a parking lot by her mom over gay issues. And if they go to family therapy that might even help, unless it's Christian or ex-gay crap. Just be there for her. Love her and tell her every day she's good and not crazy and her parents are wrong. Tell her she will get out soon. You sound like a good friend

3. Beach Lover

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    She's 16 thankfully school starts soon(ish) her parents didn't take too much away. Church is defiantly first thing on the table not sure what that will entail. I doubt the parents will be physically abusive just mentally. I'm scared for her I want to help but I don't know what.

4. troubleshooter

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Usually what people on her situation need most is love and confirmation they're not nuts. And really, while she's still living at home sometimes it's best and safest to jump back in the closet for a little. I'm all for being honest but if you're a kid stuck in a bad situation that's better than being mistreated. Heck, even tell her to come here or another site for support too if her parents don't check her computer

#4 troubleshooter, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  5. GreenPanRose270

Just try to be there for your friend as much as possible. Tell her that if she ever needs someone to talk to, rant at, or cry on, you're there for her. Of course, don't get obnoxious with it. Don't keep pressing the issue.
    Admitting that you're not straight is pretty brave, and coming out to your parents is even braver, and she needs to know that she did nothing wrong, even though her parents think so.
    All in all, just be there for her if she needs it. From what you said, things are most likely going to get tougher.
    Good luck to you and your friend! :slight_smile:

6. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

That's so wrong! Some people shouldn't be parents I swear.. I mean it could be worse but God! I think just supporting your friend is the only thing you really can do at the moment. Sorry to hear though.