1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how some celebrities come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by metalchick, Aug 10, 2015.

1. metalchick

this generation is slowly moving forward and a lot of it is thanks to some of the celebrities we look up to. I know there are many ways to go about coming out to the public.

its awesome to see some be so proud and inspirational and some even have tv shows to help others

im a huge rock fan, and I read some on joan jett, I seen many years ago, she was asked about her sexuality and she told them basically it doesn't matter, at the end of the day its about the music...but she told them she's not gonna confirm it or deny it, so people can call it what they want...she isn't ashamed either way...I kind of like her approach as well

people including myself, are struggling so much to even figure out what exactly they are..back and fourth just gives headaches and heartaches...

I was wondering do you think coming out the way she did, could be just as effective for others and inspirational as well?

she was taking the pressure off the labels, in a way that can help move the world forward to, because people these days tend to define others about who they love, to act as if its not a big deal...does anyone else find that really effective to, for fans who are struggling?

personally I think they are all great approaches :thumbsup:

2. GreenPanRose270

No matter how someone comes out (especially to the public), there's always bound to be haters. Telling people not to care about the labels is a pretty good approach.
    After all, as stated in your signature, at the end of the day, you're just you, no labels required.