1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this just a faze?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TheWordWizard, Aug 11, 2015.

1. TheWordWizard

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    (just so you know, I am a female closeted bisexual)
    So, I really want to come out, but I am worried that feeling this way is just a faze...
    What if I come out, but then realize that it was just a stage of my life that I was going through? How embarrassing would that be?
    I know, I know, it is nobody's business what your sexual orientation is, but if I come out and it is a big deal I will be seen as an attention hog.
    Should I just wait until I get a boyfriend or girlfriend to come out?

2. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think it's normal for a lot of people to question their sexuality, especially at the earlier ages.
    Depending on your age, you should possibly wait a little before you out yourself to everyone, but it would maybe help to talk it out with some good/close friends.
    I personally don't find it necessary to come out completely unless there's a reason (for an example, if/when you get a girlfriend), but that's just my opinion.

I don't think it would be embarrassing if you came out to a few friends and later found out it was a phase you were going through, nobody except yourself would know you no longer felt that way.

Those are just my thoughts, I'm sure someone with better advice will come along.

Good luck! (*hug*)

3. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You will know when it's the best time to come out. Trust me.

I'd been pondering about coming out for a long time. Each day I would feel so close to just telling people, but I held off for quite a long time before I finally just blurted it out.

So, even if you feel like you want you, it doesn't necessarily mean it's the time. When you come out, you just come out. Let it come naturally - don't force anything. Know yourself and make sure you're comfortable before you say anything.

And remember that you don't have to say "I'm bisexual" - you can just say "I like girls" - which is pretty damn vague, but gets the point across that you aren't straight. If they ask questions, answer them. Be honest, but firm. And don't let them shoot you down.

Good luck. (*hug*)

4. GreenPanRose270

I felt the same way for a while too.
    Just let it sink in for a few weeks. Tell yourself that you are bi, and do it often, and see how it feels: whether it feels right, or whether it feels forced.
    I would also talk to a close friend (one or two people, not too many, and it sometimes helps if the other person is also bi/gay/trans/etc, because they know exactly how you feel). Tell them that you think it's a phase, so that way you have someone to confide in, but you're not "out", per se.
    Good luck and I hope you find yourself! :slight_smile:

5. cakepiecookie

You don't have to come out in a definite way. It's totally fine to say "I think I'm bi but I'm not 100% sure at this point".