1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out Bigender

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by FallOutBoy, Aug 12, 2015.

1. FallOutBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I want to come out to my parents soon, but I'm very nervous. I just got into a spat with my mom, and I'm not sure how long I should wait. I mean I'm crying now, because she said that every word that i say to her is a lie, and it's true, I'm living a lie. I've known my gender wasn't binary since I discovered the term, have had moments where I've thought I might be trans, and realized i was bi-gender a little while ago, before that I'd thought i was gender-fluid, but now when i look at it, I go between male and female.

When I decide to come out, should I write a letter and leave it somewhere for them to find? I want them to digest the information before they talk to me about it. I'm not sure how much they know about gender vs sex and gender identity, and I don't want them to think that I'm transgender or lesbian.

2. QuecksilverEyes

Have you tried talking to them about gender in general? This way, you can see what they think of this. If you want to write a letter and feel cofortable with it, ou can do that, but ou have to take into account that the maybe won't 'digest the information', as you put it and do exactly the opposite: acting before thinking. But that's alwas a possibility and it shouldn't keep you from coming out.
    However, it's your coming out and you are the only one who can decide what to do and when to do it. If you feel safe, I'd say go for it.

3. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    You should probably give both her and yourself some time to calm down from the fight you just had before you come out.
    That being said, I think writing a letter is a good way to be able to say everything that's on your mind without being interrupted, and also, you'll be able to formulate it and think it over better.
    But that's just my opinion.

You could always explain to them in the letter that you're not a transperson or a lesbian, too.

Good luck with it all (*hug*)

4. FallOutBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'll eventually tell my parents, but I feel like I need to come out to my boyfriend as well. I think he's going to be accepting, but I'm not sure what to tell him (I'm telling him over text)

5. FallOutBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    well, i told him. :icon_bigg he was so supportive