1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning on coming out as bi to my wife

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Brill Bruiser, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Brill Bruiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    But I'm posting here instead. I've had great support from a queer friend, but I may have driven her a little nuts via texts with my internal angst.

I don't want to start "seeing" guys. I don't want to experiment. I just know who I am now and I need my wife to know. I don't think she'll freak out - at least after a while. I inhaled to tell her earlier tonight but nothing came out. Now she's playing cribbage with the kids so not an ideal time.

She's open minded - my queer friend first came out to my wife looooong ago when she was a teenager and we were in our twenties. (I'm in my 40's now, friend is in her 30's.)

I'm just here procrastinating. I've been friends with folks in the LGBT communities for 25 years now, and already feel like I'm "part" of it. But dayum. This is a tough night.

2. Brill Bruiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well I did it. Told my wife, I could hardly talk I was so nervous.

Her response?

"Not really a surprise." And "I almost asked if you were bi a couple times."

*facepalm*

Well that's months/years I suffered needlessly. Now I have to figure out who else to tell :slight_smile:

3. boyfox

Congrats! I'm in the same situation and want to be out so bad to end my suffering and get on with my desired life. Please keep posting more about your coming out.

4. zgirl81

Awesome! When I came out to my husband a few years ago his response was to blink at me twice and then respond with "And?...." I love that supportive spouses exist!