1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Deal With Losing Friends?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DeadheadPride, Aug 14, 2015.

1. DeadheadPride

So I'm in a position where I'm out to my family, and out to close friends, but because I skipped a grade I'm 13 and going into high school. I know I'm probably going to come into contact with old friends who I haven't come out to, and I'm sure I'll lose some of them. I know people can come and go, but some of the people I'll lose have been my friends since 2nd or 3rd grade. How did you guys deal with the potential and actual loss of friends?

2. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

I'm still going through this. I just have the general attitude that if someone finds out about my identity, then fuck it lol
    And so far, I haven't lost any friends. I know that in the future that there will be a possibility of this and sure, it makes me sad. I have strong ties and memories with these people but time has passed. I'm different, they're different and I'm strong enough to live without them. It also helps that I have a very strong support network of people (both cis and LGBTQIA, family and friends) and if they can understand and support me regardless, then do I really need to waste my tears and heart over people who couldn't do the same?

I hope things turn out alright though with you. Take care~ :slight_smile:

3. Yoyo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I only hade 1 friend, when I told him he sad "so you like guys... oh ok" he steal hang out together and when I moved away for work he steal calls me like every day.

so I never felt the pane of losing a friend because of my sexuality, but if thy feel differently about you after you come out to them then there not really your friend.

a really friend knows all about you and steal likes you for you