1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am i.... anti-social..? (long)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Evanfan, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Evanfan

Well.. if you've read my other posts.. you pretty much know how i act.. and things liek that.. but.. i'm not ALWAYS like that... in real life... i'm a bit more.. different... i NEVER go outside to play... why? because i dont like the people who live around me.. they're really... immature.. and annoying too.. i rarely 'go out' with my friends.. as in go places.. why? because i don't feel like leaving my house... no.. i'm nto scared of being outside.. i just don't like how my friends treat me sometimes.. at least most of them... and i never really fit in.. i'm always like.. trying to talk to people.. but i never really get noticed.. they talk to me.. and then they turn around and forget i'm there.
    and to be honest.. i don't have many friends.... people do say i'm stupid.. geek.. and stuff like that.. things i discussed on other threads.. but.. i only have like.. 4 'good' friends.. yeah.. we make fun of eachother.. btu playfully.. we do have good times when we're doing things.. like recording videos.. or working on projects.. but.. other peopel don't liek to be around me.... i personally don't like 'Gangster' people.. at least not most of them... because they think they're so 'IT' as in the best and coolest peopel ever to live.... i don't like that about them... and all they ever say to me is "whats up?" and all i do is either just look at them... sort of.. signal them.. or say "nothing.." and they're always like "cmmon.. why do't you say anything"
    Last year two kids were talking about me.. they were like saying that i didnt talk to them.. or that i ignored them.. and since i knew they were talking about this.. i decided to completely ignore them for the day...
    i rarely talk to people.. i guess in a way i'm very shy to just say "hi my name is Michael, whats yous?" its really hard to... and i just... can't do it... i really feel like.. i need people... maybe not.. partners... but.. friends.. more people to talk to and hang out with.. but.. i've been told that the reason why i dont have many is because of the way i act.....
    after reading all that... do you find me to be anti-social..? if so.. how can i change that.... and if not.. then why is it i don't really have friends.. or at least.. more.. friends.. ?

2. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

aw you are a bit anti-social. I had some of these similar problems when I was your age, but given 7 years most of that has dissipated. The best way to meet people might be through clubs at school, something related to your interests. Support groups for gay youth might be right up your alley.

You sound like someone afraid of what others might think of you and feel you just don't fit in. These are usual attitudes for someone your age and my best advice is to try to surround yourselves with some close friends. A public speaking class helped me get over my shy nature, and I don't mind talking to people especially if we share common interests.

Best of luck to you.

3. GuitarGirl1350

I am the same way. I have no interest in associating with people, except for maybe 4-5 of them. I'm just not an outgoing person. I've been called antisocial before, but I really don't think there's anything wrong if you're happy.

4. Evanfan

what if youre.... not really happy?

5. waitingsucks

At your age and a bit younger also, I felt the same way, I wasn't very outgoing, quite nervous and because of this I lost a few friends (not any best friends though). My advice is whatever happens don't worry, soon enough you'll find the friends you want to hang out with and (as long as you try to be friendly to everyone) you shouldn't have any problems.

If you make the effort to be friendly and ppl still reject you, thn thr not with it

6. Markio

I was just like that freshman year of high school. :rolleyes: My braces made me break out and I was on Accutane which makes people depressed, and plus I was ignoring the idea that I could have been gay. I hardly spoke except for random goofy outbursts every few months. I joined a video game message board to have people to talk to. People I met would say hi to me in the hallway, and my voice would get caught in my throat when I tried to answer.

I think someone's antisocial if they don't even want to talk to people in general. You can dislike talking to certain groups and still be considered "social". If you talk to us, then you're not entirely antisocial. (*hug*)

Give it time and make an effort, and things should work out alright. I didn't go to many social events in high school (dances weren't really an option, y'know?) but I still had people to talk to. I did musical theatre as an activity (and choir eventually), and through that I met a lot of people and was even recognized because of some solo I had junior year. If you do an activity that you're at least interested in, acquaintances and even friends should come with it too eventually. And always try to be nice! :thumbsup:

7. GuitarGirl1350

I am quite happy, I assure you. I have my problems, but am quite contented.

However...if you're not happy, then change things. Make an effort to go meet people. It might be tiring or so, but it will get you out there and be happy :]

8. summersforecast

I used to be in this shell type situation and if you want to have fun you have to put forth an effort and don't worry your young and you've got plenty of time to figure it out! And hey look at me I homeschooled for eight years and was extreemly shy now I'm known for my outgoingness so there's plenty of hope for you :slight_smile: if your wondering what I did differently i just put the extra effort in like GuitarGirl said.