1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relief...now on to 2nd coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Starshine16, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Starshine16

So a couple of weeks ago I posted about my straight friend seemingly avoiding me after I came out to her.Well I have come to the conclusion that she was really ill with the cramps because she is coming to my birthday party tomorrow and she has invited me to spend New Years Eve with her and her parents.So she must be okay with it or she wouldn't have invited me to come over.

I had promised myself that if I went over to her house for New Years eve(like I usually do) that I would come out to her parents either that night or New Years Day.She has told me already that her parents would be perfectly fine and supportive of it and I am so glad to know that because they are like my second parents and I love them.Needles to say I don't want to blurt it out to them,but I also don't want to chicken out when it comes time to tell them.I did blurt it out to my best friend,but that was not planned at all.

Any ideas on how I should come out to my best friend's parents who are amazing despite their interesting quirks?

2. Jonah 4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Re: just a first thought...

Ha ha...well the best people in the world have interesting quirks

but i would take a deep breath - make a pact with your best friend
    and then just have her(or yourself gear the conversation in that direction)

if your really comfortable with them explain to them that you really need support right now and go from there.

On the other hand, if your feeling less confident bring up politics. that seems to always be a good way to gear the conversation towards sexuality.

But regardless, the most important thing is to be calm and yourself.
    You can do it. :thumbsup:

3. crimsonarcher

Maybe have your friend help you, to ease the topic of homosexuality into any kind of conversation, and then lead them on the track to you, and just tell them. Oh, I can imagine it now!
    Well, not in the middle of dinner, but do it later in the night, maybe, and just take them to the side and tell them. But that's just me.
    :grin: