1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mom asking personal questions.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Miaplacidus, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out last week. Since then, my mother has been asking me a lot of personal, private, embarrassing questions, some about my sex life. For example, on Sunday she asked me if I was a top or a bottom. I have never been so embarrassed in my whole life. I shyly told her that I liked both... and she was like, ewwww you bottom.

I don't know what to do... please, help me before my cheeks are permanently red from blushing all the time.

2. Sam

Sam

hahahaha sorry this just reminds me so much of my mom, she asks me personal stuff all the time it really is embarrassing. she asks about my sex life and talks about orgasms and horniness it is embarrassing so I'm right there with you on this. I tell her mom I don't feel comfortable talking to you about this but she keeps on talking about it but hey I think of it like this, at least she is accepting of me for who I am.

Sam

3. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, mine is disgusted by the idea of me bottoming...

4. SpikySpice

well, tell her taht it is ur personal life, and fprbid her not to talk about it again. Well, it is right wen she is shocked taht u are the botom, because it's weird to her, but at least she didnt reject you tho^^

5. Sam

Sam

hmm well maybe she is not quite use to the fact that you like and have sex with guys maybe when you told her that you like bottom, reality hit her. I don't know but I don't think parents ever really get use to the fact that their child is having sex, gay or straight. the fact that their "baby" is having sex is difficult for them to get used to.

6. thommthomm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry about that, but how does your mom know about topping or bottoming?:lol:

You could say you don't feel comfortable talking about such things with her. I hope that she comes around and knows that you are still her son who has feelings too.(&&&)

7. KatoKumi

Oh gosh, count your blessings that your mom will even bring up ANYTHING about your sexuality. My mom doesn't really like it. She never talks with me about it unless she's giving me a book on how not to be gay, written by a super-hardcore Christian.

Every Man's Battle
    Can Homosexuality Be Healed?

Retarded books. Once I hear the words that you can change who you're attracted to, then I know it's garbage.

But I'm getting off subject. But seriously, I wouldn't mind talking to my mom about my life in sex. Not like...as a teenager, but when I get older.

8. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    After I read this, I wondered how bad the questions could be.

And then my jaw dropped a bit. :lol:

If my mom asked me those kinds of questions, I would refuse to answer and tell her that it's not her business.

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Perhaps you need to politely mention that your sex life is your private business. You do not ask her what she does in bed with your father, so she should not ask you what you do in bed with your partners.

10. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I agree with Paul. Tell her you are uncomfortable answering those questions. Geez, I really don't want to know about my sons sex life. I just told him to be safe and use condoms. lol

11. Phantomblade

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i agree that at least she is talking about it.... glass half full.....
    but yea she has no right to know about your sex life. and you need to vocalize that to her.

12. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    When I read that I thought about my Mom. She's always asking my brother to tell her about what he's doing with his girlfriend. So I know when I come out she's going to be asking the same questions that your mom is asking Miaplacidus. Paul is right, nicely tell her that unless she wants to tell you what she's doing in bed with you dad, you're not going to tell her what you do in bed with your partners. Or anywhere else you like to do it:grin:

13. nisomer

hey but think of the bright side, at least she's comfortable enough to talk about this sorta stuff!

14. Evilmonkey

next time she asks you that, just say ' i dont ask you what your favorite postion is with dad!' its not appropriate for a mother to know such details of her children, be they straight or gay.

15. William1

LOL! I don't think I will have that prob with my mum if I told her.
    She will do like she does with everything else I tell her. She wont even look up from her book, but she will say "That's nice dear, now look at the time! Teeth, and into bed!" :confused:

16. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Hey - if you get an acceptance like that you're doing a lot better than many of us! Unless of course she isn't listening at all... :frowning2:

17. Blueeyes

Blueeyes Guest

whooooa lol that is possibly one of the most awkward questions i can imagine a mom asking!