1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

They reject me 'cos I'm hairy...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Miaplacidus, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well as most of you know, I'm somewhat hairy (I shave my body hair). The problem is... NO ONE LIKES IT. :frowning2:

Even if I shave, guys reject me for being hairy. They expect a 19 year old to be younger-looking...

I hate it. I f***ing hate it :frowning2:

2. -Michael-

Well you can be 40 odd and not have a hair on your body.
    It's all about people preferences isn't it.
    Personally i'm not bothered,
    but obviously other people prefer different things.

it just about patience and finding 'the right person'

3. Mind Freak

I personally like hairy;
    But you could get laser hair removal if you could afford it; it's kind of pricey but I guess it would be worth it in the end.

Or maybe you're just going to the wrong places to find someone to like you?

4. tm74

tm74 Guest

Nowt wrong with hairy.

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Does it really matter that you have body hair? NO! Fred, everybody is different. You will find the right person who will not reject you based on having a hairy body. If there is a guy who is really serious about you and wants a relationship with you, he will not be bothered by it. He wants a relationship with you because of makes you, you. If someone tells you I don't want to be with you because you are hairy, tell him to take a hike and keep on looking!

6. myra

What sucks is being a girl and being hairy! I've been made fun of my whole life for it! I've been called werewolf and monkey my entire life because the hair on my arms was longer than most guys'. And I was always to afriad to do anything about it. But then i met a guy who...loved me for me. I was embarrassed about my arm hair and told him one morning I was going to shave it. (I didn't like having more hair than he did.) He got confused and didn't understand why i thought i'd want to do that. My arm hair had actually never bothered him, he'd never really noticed it.

I guess what i'm trying to tell you Federico, is that when the right person comes along, the person who loves you for you, they aren't going to give a damn if your hairy. I mean, guys are supposed to be hairy. All over. Girls on the other hand, we're supposed to be these hairless beauties. Right. If i can be accepted for being a hairy chick, I'm sure that there is a guy out there who will think your body hair is great. (I'm pretty sure that I read a thread on here recently about a guy who's into bears.) Love ya hun.

7. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I have similiar problems. Though a few guys have told me its sexy...but most don't. Being 20 and not having the body of a teenager puts me at ends with many gays. I shave certain areas, but am too hairy to do my whole body. They reject me too.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can't force them to like your hairy body...any more than they can force you to like their immature personalities.

Lex

9. Seanboy23

It is totally about personal preference, yes. However, I have my own "type", but have dated a few guys who are totally against that "type" because I tend to fall for someone because of, oh, their personality, their sweetness, you know, things that actually MATTER.

In my opinion, which I KNOW is mostly just words to you, those guys aren't worth your time. And for the record, you are wayyyy cute!

10. riddlerno1

I have the same problem and it does affect my confidence! Guys tend to reject me cos i am very hairy everywhere and i do trim this hair on my arms and chest. But i find theres nothing really i can do about it as this is the way i am. Other than shaving or waxing which can be tiresome after a while, ive found that although there will be the few people who are mean and judgemantal, there are hoardes of others who dont mind it and are ok with you just the way you are.

11. summersforecast

Personaly I think a hairy body is sexy It's so Top! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Your pics are hot I can't imagen anyone not liking you because of your hairy body like I said for me thats a huge turn on. Your personality should be their preferance and you should have nothing to worry about in that area :slight_smile: keep looking for someone worth looking for!

12. EM68

I am pretty hairy myself. I use the Norelco Body Groom to trim and shave parts of my body. If someone rejects you for being hairy, then they are shallow and are not worth it.

13. Emberstone

I am fairly hairy myself, and honestly, I think bodyhair is kinda of superficial anyways. I have tried shaving, dilapitory cremes, and the like, but honestly, its too much work for me at the moment to keep up. If I could afford it, I would consider laser treatment, as I prefer being fairly clean shaven myself, *mainly because I am really, and I mean REALLY hairy* but I cant see dropping money on something like that unless I could afford it. However, I would hope it wouldnt detract from me as a person if I had body hair anyways.

I guess it is just because I have spent my life being constantly told I am homely and unattractive, that now, as I explore and find the style I am confortable with, there is apart of me that just wishes some guy who is a perfect fit emotionally and personality with me would see me, look beyond my awkwardness about myself, and sweep me off my feet. Sure, a fairy tale to some, but I would rather meet someone I can see myself having a serious relationship with who likes me for who I am, even if I may not fit up to other people's standards then rush to try to appease someone who I would be totally wrong with.

14. s5m1

Fred, as those above have said, everyone has their own tastes. There are many guys out there who I know personally who do not like guys without hair. However, I want to suggest that the real issue here is not whether you have hair. As I know you are aware from your prior threads, your self-image and self-esteem are the real issues here. You cannot change whether you naturally have hair, just like you cannot change your sexuality. Rather than fight these things, you need to learn to accept them as part of who you are. I don't recall whether you have ever sought out therapy, but it is something that you may find beneficial.

15. MedGuy211

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel for you man. I'm really hairy myself (like Sean Connery meets the Wolfman hairy) and I hate it. I agree w/ what's been said. The only thing you can really do is learn to accept yourself as you are. But, it's a hard thing to do.

16. Matty

I am a bit hairy myself, and trim or shave my chest and abdominal areas. I am not so worried about impressing others with being hairless, rather it's just something I prefer. I wouldn't mind being with a relatively hair man myself. Hair isn't everything!

Don't let it worry you....I think it's pretty poor of them that they reject you because you are naturally hairy even though you tame it. That is pathetic and really ridiculous....And you're a cutey, so they're certainly missing out! Just be patient and you'll meet men who are not so superficial.

17. No One

I love hairy guy the only thing they should shave is their face and back just something about back hair makes me squirm but every where els its nice

sadly my hair or absence of hair makes me sad

#17 No One, Dec 29, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  18. BeautifulStranger

Fred,
    I understand.
    I'm growing a national forest on my ass and legs. >.<;;

For the most part, it isn't too much of a problem. Like, when I'm getting serious with a guy, I tell them and it usual doesn't matter.
    But those who do care usual have a penis to match their personality. Which is disappointing.

Don't worry Fred.
    It'll get easier eventually.

19. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're rejected for that, you're too good for them anyways. I know it's hard like something like that not to get to you, but try ignoring it. If people want to be immature about something stupid like that then let them. Ignore them if you can. You're better than they are already. :slight_smile:

20. RaRa

Hairy guys are hot, especially the chests yum!