1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Should I Do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by repressed, Aug 17, 2015.

1. repressed

I have a very close relationship with my mom. She is my best friend and I tell her everything. For a couple years now though, I have been questioning my sexuality and I feel as though I'm not as close to her as I used to be. I really want to talk to my mom about what I'm going trough. I think that she will be accepting and at least try to understand. I have not come out to anybody nor am I ready to. I don't even know what i would come out as. The point is, I really want to tell my mom that I'm questioning. Should I? Is is weird to come out as questioning? How should I tell her? Anyone with advise, similar situations, comments, anything please let me know. Thank you.

2. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Have you tried testing the waters on how your mom feels about the LGBTQIA+ community? That would be the first step.

3. YinYang

Testing the waters is an extremely good idea. Mention a couple lgbt+ topics to her and see how she reacts. If she's ok with it, then go ahead and tell her. It would help to have someone to talk to, trust me.