1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Courage

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dustyy, Aug 17, 2015.

1. dustyy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I want to come out (as transgender) to my best friend, I know I'll be completely accepted and it'll all go great and perfect. But I can't seem to get the courage to do so, every time I think I'm gonna do it I end up not. It's not that I'm not ready to come out, I'm very ready and it's more and more painful every day that I don't come out. How do I get the courage to actually go through with coming out?

Shelbee likes this.
  2. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You should try setting yourself a definite "out date". When I was planning my coming out, I'd thought about doing it impulsively and not fully thinking it through so I wouldn't have time to back out but I always did back out until I gave myself a date.

You should also take the time between now and your out date to think about what you're going to say or even how to say it. You could even write it down on paper and read it to them or just have them read it while you sit next to them.

When I first said the words "I'm gay" out loud, I wasn't quite sure I'd said it because I was so nervous. You might also be too nervous to speak it so maybe write it down? Or even make a video for them to watch?

3. GreenPanRose270

Before I plan to come out to someone I go on Youtube and watch those videos of people coming out to their family/friends, or I come on here and read some of the coming out stories. It kinda hypes me up and makes me feel good about what I'm about to do :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Also, a great way to start out would be to bring up trans-related news/popular culture and see how your friend reacts to judge whether you should go through with it or not. It also makes for a pretty good opening.
    I hope my tips helped and good luck ^_^

Shelbee likes this.
  4. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This goes perfect just read my quote and have a plan good luck <3