1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Momosboy, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Momosboy

I want to come out to my conservative Christian parents (Which I am, as well), that I'm a Trans girl, but I don't know how. I need advice, methods, things to do regarding it, the whole shebang. Please... Help me!!!!

2. pinecones

I don't have any experience in this kind of situation, so I can't really help out there. If you live with your parents, I will advise that if you think it's possible that your parents might react very poorly (kicking you out, disowning you, abuse, etc) then hold off until you're able to move out.

If that's not an issue for you, then generally parents tend to be more receptive if you have someone backing you up that has "credentials"; if you see a therapist or a doctor who is on your side it can help tremendously. Definitely test the waters to figure out their opinions and how they might react before doing anything.

3. GreenPanRose270

Try bringing up LGBT+ related news or facts and see how they react.
    Also, if you rely on your parents for support of any kind, and they react poorly to the LGBT news, I'd hold off until you can support yourself, and have a place to live, money to hold your over, and someone to talk to in case the worst happens :/

Good luck!

4. Momosboy

Okay, then. Anyone else? Also, I kinda did tell my mom one piece. About Cait Jenner's car crash. She got... a little upset, admittedly (though, to be fair, we here in our household (myself included) totally dislike the Kardashian/Jenner family, and don't really follow them. It was just a news article that I saw). Admittedly, she wasn't as angry as I thought she would be, so, that's a piece of good news, I guess.