1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about coming out at my High School...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 3n, Aug 18, 2015.

1. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm now a freshman in my high school and almost 15. My main reason for wanting to come out is so I could go to dances with a guy or something, and not be questioned. (kind of stupid I know :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). Coming out advice?

2. GreenPanRose270

It's not a stupid reason. I know I'd be bothered if people interrupted my time with a date to pester me about my sexuality :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I'm around your age and a friend of mine came out (he's gay as well) to his close friends first, then wrote a coming out letter and posted in on Facebook since my entire school uses it.
    If you want to come out to a lot of people at a time, social media is your best friend.
    I'd still recommend easing into it by telling a few friends first and seeing their reactions.
    Just try not to let it spiral out of control. When you do tell people in person, try to do it privately during a 1v1 conversation, as opposed to a place where other people can hear you, unless you want the whole school to know you're gay without you telling them (some people actually aim for this).

Good luck with high school and coming out ^_^

3. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Much thanks (!)