1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to break it off...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ColbieMarie, Dec 29, 2008.

1. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

So there's this guy that is quite interested in me. He's pretty nice and attractive, but there's just nothing there for me. (it could be that I'm not interested because he's a he, but let's not get into that.) We both go to this church group at the university. Over the past month he has facebook chatted and texted me a lot. We've gone on two dates and I'm just not interested. I'm actually not at all interested in dating or being in a relationship, especially not while I'm living in my mom's house.

I'm a very awkward person and not so good at expressing my feelings, so how should I go about telling him I'm not interested. I think I am currently leading him on and I really feel bad about that. :bang:

He just dropped me off and asked if I wanted to go out again this week, and I said sure, because I do not know how to say no. I would rather not.......

(sorry this is all out of order)

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. Shyvin

The last thing you want to do is lead him on. Tell him that you don't want to be in a relationship with anyone at all currently. Maybe you two are good enough friends to hang out without it having to be a "date"? Make sure he knows that you enjoyed hanging out with him, be direct, and I'm sure he'll take it better than you think.

3. myra

If you find it hard telling him these things face to face, do it through facebook or text. Just explain that you really don't want a relationship. That He's a good person to have as a friend, but not someone that you'd like to date. If your worried he'll be really hurt, just emphasize that he's a good guy altogether, but you'd much rather just be his friend. It'll be hard, but its the best thing for you.