1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to my fiancé...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Anon24, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Anon24

I told my fiancé I am interested in women as well as men. It went a lot better than I expected. At first he was concerned because he thought I was going to leave him, but I made it clear that I have no intentions of doing that. After I reassured him, he didn't seem to mind and was very understanding. I bawled my eyes out to him and told him everything. That I have always liked girls and guys but repressed it because of my family and society. It felt so good to talk to someone. I also told my best friend and her response was, "girl, I've always known this!" I asked both of them not to speak about it to anyone because it is very personal and I have no intention of telling anyone else. I did get a little annoyed at my friend because when I got off the phone she said "love yah" like we usually do but then she added "no homo haha." It bothered me. It's kind of the reason I didn't want to tell anyone in the first place. I feel like once I say I'm bi, my friends and family won't see me for who I am, but for what my sexual preferences are..which is really no ones business anyway. Do you think coming out changes how people see you? Has this happened to anyone after they came out?

2. CubbieBlue

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think maybe at first it does, but after they've had some time to process it, it's not on their minds and they may even forget until it's brought up. Well, that's for the people close to you that are supportive