1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wrote my coming out letter

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gavis, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Gavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Last night, instead of sleeping, I spent a good 2 hours or so thinking and drafting my coming out letter. It's about one and 3/4 pages long. It's to my parents. I'll be leaving for college for the first time next week and I'm thinking that if I feel confident in the next few months, I might send it. Or maybe by writing it out, it'll build up my courage to tell them face to face.

See I'm terrified to tell them. I've known about myself for a while. I've never had a reason to ever want to tell them in the past. But over the past year or so, I've been really interested in someone and I'd like to try for a relationship with him. That's the only reason I think I'd come out at this time. I've never felt like this for someone, and I'm just not sure.

Anyway, writing this letter was a step in the right direction I think for me and I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing with it yet. I just needed to let someone know and I figured posting on here would be the best haha. Maybe I'll eventually post it and see what anyone thinks of it.

2. Serperior

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    My advice is don't rush yourself, you never know how they are going to react so do it only when you are 100% ready and aren't living off of their money.