1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difficult to Come Out Even to People Who Wouldn't Care

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Starwind78, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Starwind78

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've moved away from home for school recently and I thought I would take advantage of this fact by slowly easing myself out of the closet in my new town to get comfortable before I come out to the family.

So far, I haven't been doing all that hot. When people I know here talk about relationships and sex, I tend to clam up - even when the person talking is gay.

I just have so much trouble admitting it out loud. I don't know if it's just that I don' want to commit to it or what.

2. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I cry whenever I come out to someone, even if its an ally, I don't know why I do it but I cry every single time but each time I cry a little less. I'm down to watery eyes and a little bit of a runny nose now. I guess over time, the more people you tell the less you stress about it and it just becomes something so casual.

3. CharlD91

CharlD91 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm about to move for school to and am thinking about doing the same thing as you, however even when I come out to my closest friends at home I clam up. I think its only natural...

I cry every time I come out to someone too. And I mean I sob...It's still pretty new for me though.
    The people that do know are my closest friends and it took me months to even commit to telling one of them. I have recently spoke to one of them about coming out to my parents though, which made me cry even more... but it's proving that I am beginning to accept who I am a bit more.

4. MetalRice

That's normal, it's a scary prospect no matter who you are coming out to.