1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quick I'm about to be potentially outed eek!!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TobaccoFlower, Aug 20, 2015.

1. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I'm still questioning my gender and all but I have recently shaven my legs. Odd for a boy right? Well. At work we have to wear shorts to work out. We haven't worked out for a few months but it's required today for us all to do it and I forgot my legs are almost totally bare! (I've been a bit depressed and lazy about shaving hem so they're not really...even... well shaved. Gross. I know. But anyway)
    what.... should I do? I'm thinking I can either say the hair makes me hot or I can ask them if they REALLY want to know about my personal reasons and tell the truth or if they're just taking note that my legs are bare when they weren't before. Help?? Advice? It's my whole work center out there and I Know someone (probably the transphobe) will ask.

2. zgirl81

So, if I saw a guy with shaved legs I wouldn't automatically assume that he was trans. I'd likely attribute it to a bet that was lost or a dare.

Stop stressing about it, act normal, and most people won't even notice that there's something different about your legs. If lots of people DO notice then turn your bare legs into a joke to diffuse an awkward situation. And saying you lost a bet to a friend from outside the company (make up a friend if you need) will really get rid of any lingering questions.

You can do it! (*hug*)

3. sekliniak

sekliniak Guest

I agree with zgirl81.
    And I also know some guys who have really light leg hair so I think nobody will notice that you shaved them.

4. Aviator182

It's going to be okay. Don't be nervous about it. If you're nervous, people will pick up on that. I don't really think anyone is going to even noritce and if they do, it's your bussiness. If I saw a guy with shaven legs, especially in the summer, I would think that they swim.

5. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess I did get nervous. Only one person stared but he's my boss and he doesn't usually say much. The one I was worried about was too exhausted to be a jerk today. But it was him I was worried about. I'm pretty certain he's going to say something sometime soon but perhaps you're right. they know I don't exactly have a life outside of work. (The navy takes up a LOT of our lives) so maybe I'll just tell them it was a bet with someone from another ship. OK. *Deep breath* one work out at a time. *grumbling about anxiety* thank you So much though

6. zgirl81

Yay! Glad your day went well. If you don't want to be out yet, there's no worries. Just relax, stick to your story, and all go ok.

Btw, I love the quote in your sig

7. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe I'll come out when I'm ready. I'm not sure how to do it to coworkers but.
    Thank you. It's not a quote. Just something I have to remind myself every so often but thank you