1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help! i don't know what to put here, pls just read my post

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sekliniak, Aug 20, 2015.

1. sekliniak

sekliniak Guest

I am a little sad tonight because of still being in the closet. I want to come out to my parents and my boyfriend until my 18th birthday (I'll turn 18 in two months).
    Well, my boyfriend noticed that I'm sad and asked me what's wrong (we are currently texting). I didn't want to tell him the reason but I didn't want to lie to him either. So I just texted him that I don't want to talk about it at the moment. Maybe I would have told him the reason if he were here but I don't want to come out to him through a text message.. This is beyond debate and it would feel horribly wrong.
    Personally, I thought it is a good idea just telling him that I do not want to talk about my problem at the moment so that he knows that I'll soon talk to him and that we have to talk about something. But.. yeah, I think my 'good idea' wasn't such a good idea at all. He wants to know what's wrong and doesn't stop asking me no matter what I text back.
    I don't know what I could text him so that he understands that tonight is not the right time to talk about something like that. I also don't want him to worry about me or our relationship. If I text the wrong thing, he potentially thinks that I want to break up :icon_conf

2. Really

You could tell him there is something on your mind at the moment but you need time to process it on your own before sharing it with others. You appreciate his concern but this is really something you'd like to have a better handle on before sharing it. Tell him you will tell him about it but you're still untangling it in your mind. Tell him he shouldn't worry. It's not life threatening. Emphasize that it's not about the two of you, it's about you and you're hoping to be able to clear up the confusion next time you see him. (Or whenever you're planning.)