1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Its happening so fast , is this normal

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Welshgay16, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Welshgay16

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So about 18 months ago when i was 14 i first came out to some freinds , they told a couple more but noone outed me , so after he told her and she told him there where about 7 people who knew i was gay it was great for a year or so but no we dont realy speak anymore so im not realy open to anyone, yesterday 18 months after I originally came out ,i told my mum i was gay , it was wierd and awkward the first night i told her we spoke about it which was good needed to be said , and today i felt happy that the hard part was over.she told her bf , she took it quite well , he was confused about how i knew if ide never had sex with a girl or boy , so i pulled the old , well did u know u where str8 before you had sex line , anyway its safe to say i took my time , but now i want to tell my sister tommorow and she will tell the rest of the family , whel shel tell someone and itl spread , which dont get me wrong im ok with , its just abit overwealming because its all happening so quickly ,and i hope to be out to everyone by time i start college on sep 1st , i was just wondering if anyone else felt like this and if so what happens next

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If things are feeling overwhelming with telling your sister, like things are moving too fast, it may not be a good idea for you to come out to her. Maybe instead you could come out individually to your relatives so you can have control of who knows when. Don't feel rushed to come out. Do things at your own speed.

3. MetalRice

If you feel like things are being rushed with the process then I would suggest that you slowdown, control the pace you come out to people; it may be more comfortable and better for you; and there is absolutely no rush at all to do this; you should do it at your own pace.

4. Welshgay16

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for the advice guys but ive already told her now haha