1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you really have to come out and go through all of that stress and anxiety?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Creator, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Creator

So, I have been thinking a hell of a lot lately about coming out and I've been thinking; do you really have to come out? For example, couldn't you just show people your attracted to guys by commenting on guys a lot and then if someone asks you, you just casually say you are. You could also respond to people saying "Do you have a girlfriend?" by saying "Why would I want a girlfriend when I can have a boyfriend?" and that sort of thing. You could also respond to people talking about the opposite sex by saying "Ewwwwwwwwww, thats disgusting".
    So do you really have to come out? I don't want to go through the stress, anxiety of coming out. Therefore do I have to? Couldn't I just be out and do what I suggested above?

2. Kenaria

minus the "Ewwwwww, that's disgusting" part, go for it! Calling other people's relationships and sexualities disgusting tells them that they can say the same thing about yours.

I never really "come out" anymore. I just say things like you said above. But some people will straight up ask you if you're gay, so idk how you'd handle that.

3. Creator

Thanks for the responce and you said about the "Ewwwwwwww" bit, I could just be like "Yeah, errr girls.... Not my thing". Also, if someone was to ask me if I am gay I'd just be like "Yes I am." and say it calmly and proudly!

4. Kenaria

Then of course! That's a very confident way to get out there. Be proud of who you are! :grin:

5. Creator

Yeah, I'm super proud of being gay but the thing is when it comes to coming out to family it gets all personal and sad. So its just easier if I am just out. Just say I'm out, that means when someone asks I say I am. Just act as if everyone knows. It would be soo much easier and that. Well, atleast for me anyways.

6. MetalRice

You can definitely do that.

7. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, in my book, it doesn't matter too much how you come out. Sitting people down and telling them "I'm gay" is one method. Letting them know by comments and generally acting like they already know is another!

And, really, there's probably not a lot of difference. Once you're out, you're out.

So: go for it! Whatever method makes you feel the most confident and comfortable!

8. Creator

Yeah, there are a lot of different ways but I do get really emotional a lot on the topic. Therefore I am just going to act as if people already know, as its far less emotional for me and it makes me feel as if I can be who I am all the time and not hide anything. Also, sitting down and telling people face to face is really emotional for me and I could never be able to do that. Thats why I have only told people using my phone so far!