1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rwrwrwn, Aug 23, 2015.

1. rwrwrwn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi all, I'm a guy and I'm gay. Recently I get to know this guy who is same age as me and we hang out few times (3 or 4 times maybe) before. Both of us came from different colleges. I like him and I also wish to have a relationship with him. But I'm not sure is he gay like me. He dresses up well, and appeared to have good sense of fashion. I knew this through our previous conversations and texting.

He always initiate physical contacts with me, like letting his legs to touch mine, standing very close to me (body-to-body contact) while taking photos, touched my hands, smiles at me a lot, winked at me as well, and even put his chin on my shoulder for no reason... All I know is he never had any girlfriend nor relationships before, and he appeared to be 'lack of experience' in terms of relationships. I did drop some hints to him, such as letting him to touch me, I touched him back and all that. I'm not sure if he's being extremely friendly to me (because he seems to be a friendly person...) or he likes me.

Also, most conversations over phone were initiated by me, and I don't wanna show that I'm too 'needy' nor I want to stop contacting him. Anyone have any ideas whether he likes me or not? I wish to open up to him one day, though. But I'm afraid I will ruin our friendship...

2. Phioo

Phioo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Don't that.
    Not now at least.
    I don't think that's enough to start thinking he's gay.
    Wait for a bit and look for other signs.

3. rwrwrwn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I see... I am quite bad when it comes to subtle hints and signs. Most of my guy friends are straight as hell and they normally don't do things like what my mentioned friend did to me... But yes, I will wait for more hints to surface. Thanks for your advice :slight_smile:

4. Really

Chin on your shoulder? Hmmm. I think there might be something there. I'm not sure how to proceed but it seems to me like there's something more than platonic going on.

You could watch to see how much he touches others to see if you're getting more but this seems more than friendly.

5. rwrwrwn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yea, that's what I'm thinking too. Well, he doesn't touch his other friends (guy/girl) as much as he touched me. That's what I observed. He also like to tease me, like... a lot!

6. Aviator182

I would also think that there is definitley somehting going on because of the physical touching. Most straight guys just aren't that in to that. I completely understand not wanting to ruin your friendship. Maybe you can ask him how he feels on LGBT issues to test the waters. Hope everything works out for you!

7. rwrwrwn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just like what I'm having in my mind now. Thanks :slight_smile:

8. Phioo

Phioo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Yeah, you could try that.
    Be super sneaky.

9. Nekobi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Many guys in my class are very touchy feely however your relationship sounds like more than that. The fact that he is soley physical with you does seem to suggest that he likes you and the seemingly flirtatious behaviour.

Having said that the fact that he is inexperienced and has had no previous (known) female relationships means he could be trying to come to terms with his sexuality. I heard a story simillar to this recently in which a man who seemed to be confused about his sexuality acted in a similar fashion.

In any case I can think of two options
    1- Don't say anything, carry on as normal and enjoy his friendship. Things may naturally progress. You could also drop hints for him that you are gay, if he is too he will likely pick up on them.

2- You could ask him. There are several ways you could go about it. Firstly you could just come out to him (if you're not already). If he is gay, wether he's into you or not, this will make him feel more comfortable coming out.
    Alternatively you could just straight up ask him if he likes you.

10. rwrwrwn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Option 1 sounds fine to me :slight_smile: Yea... in fact I'm trying to maintain our friendship and hope things will be clearer eventually. Thanks for your suggestions! Appreciate it.